alienware core 2 duo.

what gets outdated? the core 2 duo will last you a good 2-3 years or even more.

and what i meant to say that the speed of a 2.0ghz core 2 duo is equal to that of a 3.8ghz or MORE pentium 4

borat_sagdiyev said:
dude are you dumb? a 2.0ghz core 2 duo is equal to a friggin 3.8ghz pentium 4 or even MORE
Actually, it's much MUCH more. And btw... he said
spywarebanisher said:

Thus, he has gotten the point.
spywarebanisher said:
it gets outdated after time... its expensive u know. not evryone swims in money-_-
Well neither do I, but if you broke it.. do you really think your warranty would cover you? Not likely...

obviously, you guys haven't got the definition of a dual core correct. Each core is running at exactly 2 ghz {or more, depending on the model}. You don't combine both cores when using an application, usually, the cpu only uses one core, unless MULTIPLE applications are used. You can configures the cores rather easily, I have seen dual cores clocked at 4ghz. Both of the cores will NOT work together to process one application UNLESS you configure it correctly.

you yourself cannot configure the cores. The program needs to be optimized to utilize both cores.

All that you yourself can do is tell a program which core to use, unless it was designed to utilize both, that is.

Back
Top Bottom