Alaskan Pipeline shutdown

Half Evil

Golden Master
http://www.cbc.ca/story/business/national/2006/08/07/alaska-oil.html

To sum the story up..

Price per barrel jumps to 72.98. These pipes, (and all others) have been in constant use for over 30 years. This is also a warning to other companies.

"This will affect North Slope oil production by about 400,000 barrels a day out of total of anywhere from [800,000] to 850,000 barrels a day, so it will be a significant impact."

To get the FULL effect of this, read this quote

The U.S. Energy Department said it would tap into its emergency reserves if needed to keep supply steady.

Yeah, emergency reserves. I think that speaks for itself.

I was also watching the news yesterday, and they said price could jump to over $4.00 a gallon on the West Coast by the end of the month!

ArrizX said:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/business/national/2006/08/07/alaska-oil.html

To sum the story up..

Price per barrel jumps to 72.98. These pipes, (and all others) have been in constant use for over 30 years. This is also a warning to other companies.

To get the FULL effect of this, read this quote

Yeah, emergency reserves. I think that speaks for itself.

I was also watching the news yesterday, and they said price could jump to over $4.00 a gallon on the West Coast by the end of the month!
Yikes! I'm in AZ and that means gas here won't be too far from $4.00 a gallon. I say we get on the ball with these hydrogen cars we've been talking about for years now.

Well, its only a thought. Doesnt mean it will happen.

However, something is going to happen, and we wont be ready for it. A worldwise crisis.

Maybe not a crisis, but something will happen. Production is going to be minimal, and prices will skyrocket, and we wont be ready.

We need something innovative now!

ArrizX said:
Well, its only a thought. Doesnt mean it will happen.

However, something is going to happen, and we wont be ready for it. A worldwise crisis.

Maybe not a crisis, but something will happen. Production is going to be minimal, and prices will skyrocket, and we wont be ready.

We need something innovative now!
I agree. This gas thing seems like it will get ugly, very ugly. I say switch to hydrogen, or some other alternative fuel, or at least one where we won't have to rely on foreign countries to export it to us so the price will be cheaper, pollutoin won't be so bad, and it will be more efficient.

LOL LOL Steam powered
_40580101_valviv-valve203.jpg

Time to go hybrid. :) That's one of the problems with America. We're like alcoholics, but addicted to oil instead of alcohol.

It's time for America to start using alternate power sources, other than fossil fuels. Next thing you know, Bush is gonna declare war on Canada for their tar sands (which can be refined into crude oil).

I at one time was going to go live in Alaska with my brother and work out of Prudhoe Bay working on that same pipeline. If you can handle temperatures of -90F Below they will pay anywhere from 75k to 100k a year. But you have to be able to handle those temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom