Aircraft! =D

Love them. I used to be in cadets and now left, but I glide every sunday now because I won a scholarship. My dad, step dad and uncle are all pilots.

Heres me in a grob tutor! Ive flown in a hunter to

Picture004.jpg

I also rather good at aircraft recongnition to :D Heres me collecting an award from the guy who runs cadets :)

field20day20200520141_jpg.jpg

Check out the thread I just made, some more pictures :D

Brookfield said:
Not at my age
grandpa2.gif
, I was in the RAF, [non-flying duties] in 1949!, my elder brother was in the ATC for a while, until he was old enough to join up, then was stationed in India during WW2

I'm pretty sure he was talking to Sytheious...

Brookfield said:
I was at the world famous Farnborugh Air Show in England in the 50's,....yes, that's right, the 50's!! when a jet crashed into the large crowd, & exploded,killing several, I was with a girl at the time, she got very upset, it was a twin-engined naval jet, can't remember the name, it was over 50 years ago, perhaps you could dig around, if your'e interested?, then there was the Russian version of the Concorde, that broke up in mid-air at the Paris Air Show, that was quite recent, I too have always been interested in aircraft, due mainly because I was 11 when WW2 broke out, I actually saw Stukas in their famous vertical dive, dropping bombs, saw this, standing in my parent's back garden, very frightening at that age!!

For us it was pretty exciting, and kind of dreadful at the same time. All the locals are used to aircraft flying low and buzzing around, so when he was going low noone really though much of it, until the nose pitched up and he plummeted to the ground. It was interesting to see though.

Eveyrone though it was an F-18 that went down at first, thankfully it wasn't. Because it if was I guarntee that the two houses next to it would have been completely destroyed, instead of just partially damaged.

I doubt flying is a reality for me. It's more of a dream then anything. It takes a lot to become a fighter pilot, which is what I would like, and then should that not happen I'm screwed stuck in the Air Force or Navy doing some other MOS for 4 years. And that would suck.

I plan on enlisting in the Navy or Army soon though. Not to sure if I'll go through with it or not. But it's guarnteed securioty right out of high school. You get pay, a house, food, and some extent of comfort for relativly free. All you have to do is do your duty and that's it.

But yes, flying is exciting, infact when I went to Disney Land not to long ago the flight there and back was actually more excitign then the amuzement park itself! but what it takes to become a pilot seems very very hard. You have to have a 4 year degree from a University, or have gone to the Air Force's Academy or Anapolis, all of which are very tough to get into, then the school itself is very hard to get into. So it all adds up to being lucky or not really. :(

Becoming a fast jet pilot is like becoming a professional footballer. You simply need to be the best.

Im backing away from the RAF because selction is so so hard. They take on 4 pilots a year in the RAF :(

Theres plenty of other ways to get a career in flying professinally. Its hard to get there though.

If you ever need any advice make sure you PM me, ive basically prepared my entire life for the interview. The miliatry will be looking for certain qualities within a person, and if you go in without them, you dont stand a chance

mammikoura said:
I'm pretty sure he was talking to Sytheious...
Well, why didn't he say?, a lot of posts don't say who they're directed at, I wish posters would be more specific, it seems I was wasting my time then, it's hard enough typing in this heatwave of ours, 32c today, it's been around that for close on a fortnight, & they say it's expected to go on for at least as long again, Wdnesday was the hottest July day since records began in the1800's......... p-h-e-e-ooo!!

Back
Top Bottom