air soft guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
So I decided to invest in an air soft gun to keep my buddy under control when he gets obnoxious while drinking, so I figured maybe you guys can help.

Me and another bud came across a kit. It's mad cheap. 40 bucks, 4 guns. Two shotguns 325fps, two pistols 240fps.

Are these numbers decent? The guns are single shot, made of plastic/metal parts, blah blah... but I figured for 20 bucks each (40 total) for 4 guns, why not?

Then I'd take it. I bought a spring one for $30 and it only does 150fps. 150 is already really painful and goes 25ft accurately. Is the housing clear? You might also want to check if it looks sturdy, because some guns actually destroy themselves.

Yeah. This is ebay we're talking about, so I can't actually see what kind of stuff we're dealing with.

The other option is just to go to wal mart and spend 15 bucks on this decent looking plastic pistol that does 240fps. It looked all right to me, but I'm no air soft gun expert.

I wonder if it's worth it?

Anything above 200 can go through two layers of soda can, that itself tells you how nice it is. Also, they have airsoft at Walmart?

The wal mart by my house they do. Required to be 18 to buy it though. But I'm 21 sooooo that's not an issue in my case.

Yeah they had maybe 10 guns to choose from. 3 shotguns, ranging in price from 20, 35, 45, etc... and a few pistols.

I hated all of the pistols except one. It was clear, decent looking, 15 bucks, 240fps. It looked somewhat beefy compared to the others, however, in the end it was still plastic.

The guns on ebay seem cool. I mean in the picture they look decent. But it's also ebay, and knowing I'm getting 4 guns for 40 bucks makes me wonder how worthwhile it is. On one hand, I can go and buy that 240fps 15 dollar gun tomorrow. Or, I can cough up the 40 and wait for a week. I kinda wanted to shoot stuff now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom