Ahh Virus Bad One

Toby said:
....It is... By the way, the only AV that picked this trojan up was Sophos... Though it couldn't heal/clean/delete it.......
Considering it is in no virus databases I searched, I'll tend toward false positive. If you've had it for months and there is no information at all that I could find, I'm sticking with false positive. Has your firewall detected any unusual outbound traffic?

Toby said:
I feel kind of bad for bringing my issues into this thread now, as it kind of feels like the attention has gone away from Feircepc. :(
He said earlier in the thread smitfraud was fixed and we haven't heard back about the Drsmartload fix I gave him so don't worry.

Deathstar said:
Considering it is in no virus databases I searched, I'll tend toward false positive. If you've had it for months and there is no information at all that I could find, I'm sticking with false positive. Has your firewall detected any unusual outbound traffic?

He said earlier in the thread smitfraud was fixed and we haven't heard back about the Drsmartload fix I gave him so don't worry.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that too, I mean, I disabled system restore and it still comes up during a scan, but can't get rid of the bloody thing. As far as I know, Outpost Pro hasn't picked up any unusual outbound traffic... I just tend to set it and forget it though, and let it block and intruder when needed.

Cool, and thanks for the help.

Well I tried almost everything. I disabled system restore and did virus/spyware scan in safe mode and nothing has deleted Drsmartload. As of now i got rid of smithfraud with Spybot and adaware. The person who gave it to me says it was him because he apparently got the virus too and it spreads through instant messaging.

Do a Boot time scan with Avast! It should be in the menu somewhere, It scans your PC befoe it even starts up...

Back
Top Bottom