Ah!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nVdia

In Runtime
Well last night I got my new processor and some lights and a 120mm fan for the back of my case. Well I got everything running fine then I was going to do some wire management. So I opened my case up and was tieing up some wires then pooof sparks flew. One of the molex for pin connector prongs was loose and I did noticed and it touched my PSU and fried it and nothing else so I ran to my brothers room gabbed his pc and took his power and hooked everything just to make sure nothing else was fried. So I called up my cousin and woke him up out his bed and he had a extra psu (the exact one I friend) So I got everything hooked up and everything is fine now. THANK GOD!

P.S My computer was off when I went into my case.:amazed:

It may have been off, but it sounds like it was plugged in...?

May be a good idea to cap those puppies with something, so one doesn't arc with something else... like your mobo.

Ya it was plugged in... I noticed another one comming loose so I put some electrical tape on it. I know I got lucky nothing else got fried.

To make sure there is no charge left in the computer when you are working in it, unplug it and press the power button. This will drain the capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom