Ah!!! what is wrong with this tech-forums?! I hate this web face!!

So, if we eliminated all avatars and signatures and went with the bare-bones vB skin we would be OK according to that? I don't think so. ;)

That looked like it was wanting to optimize the server toward 56K modem use.

It's just not practical, I try to keep image sizes small for modem users but doing anymore than that just takes away from everyone else. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

You know, there are probably just as many dial up users as there are DSL or better users. Honestly, I have gotten to the point that I block most all signatures/avatars on here as every KB matters with my internet : (

I remember some of TF's stats were mentioned a while back in passing, IIRC the number of dial-up users was dominated by the number of broadband users. It would also have been one of the major factors considered before moving to this new skin.

This style is a bit more "heavy" than the default vB styles. But most custom styles are. I tried making it as lightweight as possible.

It hasn't stopped visitors though. Since the new style visitor ratings have been steadily increasing again. First time in almost 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom