Age old question

i have to agree with everyone else, and go with build. buying a pre-built you're paying for labor and software that is of no use to you.

However, if you do want to look at pre-builts, check out Acer. they are real good quality and are the only company i know of that 99% of its tech support is based in America (texas to be exact).

for parts, if your in America go with newegg.com. They do not delive outside the US so if you don't live in the US it's kinda pointless to look there. I'm not sure if Tiger Direct ships outside the US....

if you are in the uk try
ebuyer uk
overclockers uk
microdrect
aria pc
dabs
are just a few i know about , and i think prebuild is better for us sure but for some people that just need a computer to go on internet etc i have found dell or mesh to be pretty cheap computers for this and it is more convinient but i would always build in future unless i want finance cos not all places give finance deals on components only pre built systems .all in all pre built is mainly targetted at people that know fcuk all about computers and only the basic stuff like email and internet

build because:
1- its a great learning experience and you'll shop smarter the next time you purchase a computer
2- you'll be able to troubleshoot 10x better when you have built a computer on your own.
3- pre-built computers RARELY give you quality parts for the money you pay them.
4- aftermarket products and separate components have been tried by thousands of people, and it will be very easy for you to find what you are looking for and later on get help with the products.
5- SAVE MONEY!!!
6- some of the coolest parts are only available if you buy them separately, so why waste money on cookie cutter shit thats being mass produced to cut prices.

gotta agree with everyone, build your own, building your own maximizes your $ two ways...

1. you can usually build the same spec system cheaper than a prebuilt...
2. you can pay the same amount and get a far superior system than a prebuilt...

also, you can think ahead and choose parts that will be upgradeable to fit your needs later on, so that you don't have to buy a whole new system later, you can just upgrade the same system...

if you're patient and willing to wait for deals/specials and are proficient enough to incorporate open box products into your build over a few months you can save even more $...

build i compaired the prices and i saved 500 bucks pluse got more for my money and quality parts
only con is that no costomer support

only con is that no costomer support

I don't consider that to be a con. Most companies don't have good customer support, and they charge you to fix stuff anyways. I'd say build, better parts, cheaper price and more options for customizing. The only time I say buy a pre built comptuer is if you don't want to build, or are in a bit of a rush for a new PC.

^^ agreed. the best customer support is looking in the mirror and asking yourself the question. virtually all other companies give you a phone number to call that leads to some guy reading questions off of cue-cards.

depends on whether you understand how to build a computer. if you understand where everything goes, what you need, and how to do it than build.

if not than buy.

the best customer support is looking in the mirror and asking yourself the question.

I disagree, the best customer support is coming to this board with your problems, I really don't think the posters here (including you celegorm) really know how helpful they are...

this place is a life saver for me...

;)

^^ I don't know that i would really call us customer support though. more like "people who look out for other people, and help eachother with problems"

I do see your point though. And after thinking it over, i would probally put a forum like this above myself. Afterall, its very easy to over-look things on your own computer.

Back
Top Bottom