Age of Empires II and Windows 7 x64

right click the icon and put -w or -windowed after the target file, this way its now stretched on widerscreens.

^Nope, I've got a standard screen. But killing Explorer worked great. Rep for you, Neodude112320. I just wish I knew what exactly was the issue. And if some one would make a batch file for me that would kill explorer, start AOE II, and then start explorer when I closed AOE II, that would be great. PM me if you make one.

Ok,Create an an empty batch file and just put this in it;

@echo off

TASKKILL /F /IM "explorer.exe"

chdir C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\

age2_x1.exe

cls

Pause

explorer.exe

exit

When the game exits,hit enter and explorer will start.

Thank you! I'll post back with feedback. I used to be good with batch files, but I never wrote one to kill a process. Eventually, I stopped using them and got rusty. Thanks so much for your help.

It worked! Rep for you. But isn't the prompt supposed to close after you press enter? And is there a way to make it detect when AOE II closes? Your batch works great, and I'm not criticizing or being ungrateful, but I would like it to be as seamless as possible, in case I have to do this on other computers. Thanks.

I think it can be done in C. Maybe batch. I just don't like going through a tome to find out, though.

Back
Top Bottom