Age differences and relationships

I'm 22, and would probably date a girl that's 17 at the youngest, and up to around 24 too, but I do prefer girls that are younger than me than older. That seems to be a male thing, not to date girls who are generally older, and taller than the guy

I find age weird though. These days, maturity happens a lot sooner than it used to, in both physical and mental attributes. Its very hard I find to tell what age someone is sometimes without asking them. Unless you are in a club for example, where you know everyone's of a certain age
Don't you think?
For example, a girl could look like a 17-18 year old physically (how they look/how tall, etc), and yet really be 15-16

I agree that after a certain point in life, age wouldn't really matter at all up to a certain point. As you get older, I believe the gap can comfortably get larger without feeling weird, whereas at a younger age, it seems strange to date someone 5 years younger/older, but in later life, won't.

I'm after a life partner though. Not some girl that I'd have a relationship with for a few days/weeks/months. my first, will most likely also be my last. That is how I see it.

I think the lowest id go is 16-17 but at a big push, im 19 and tbh 18-20 (maybe 21ish) would be ideal

I'm after a life partner though. Not some girl that I'd have a relationship with for a few days/weeks/months. my first, will most likely also be my last. That is how I see it.

Sounds like you need a woman from my part of the world because this is exactly what they are looking for. My husband gave up on American women because they all played games or didn't want to get married, the ones he met anyway. He also said American women, not all of course, are "messed up" and want to be the man AND a woman in a relationship. This confusses him, and many of his friends, because he doesn't know when to treat her like a lady or a friend/man ... I guess you are "suppose to read their mins" he says. I always want to be treated like a woman and don't want to be a man.

I would say the youngest age I would consider having a relationship with would be 17 I am 20 now. I would say It matches my maturity level (yes I am admitting I am a little immature for my age). Back in highschool in 9th grade most of the girls that I knew from public school who were in a relationship with someone their own age started breaking up and next thing I know I would see them with someone who is in grade 11 or 12 sickened me at the time. Some even dated people who were out of high school who I would see driving in for a visit at lunch. So I would say many people in my area did not care about age at all when it comes to relationships.

Where abouts is your part of the world? :p

Interesting thread, thanks for starting it muz.

As you get older, the difference in age will/can get bigger. My husband is 8 years older then I am. In my country, Moldova ... a country of the former Soviet Union, it is not uncommon for a 15 year difference between husband and wife ... I'm talking 25 and 40 not 15 and 30. Girls who are 16 in my country are looking for guys who are at least 20. Also women in my country rarely look for men younger then they are but 1 year is okay.

The logic for this is because older men are more stable in life and can support a relationship/family. This is why a 16 year old woman wants a man that is 20 or more because he has a job and they can afford to do things together.

Thanks for letting me share a little culture from a different part of the world. I hope I didn't bore you.

:p :p :p

Oh I forgot once you are 18 isn't it illegal to have a sexual relationship with someone under 18?

Back
Top Bottom