AfterMarket Cooling

i plan on buying a AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane. nothing specail but it over clocks really well. i know of a guy who has it stable at 3.0ghz(got a screenshot at 3.405!!) which a windsor core 3.0ghz actual rates at 6000+(has more cache tho)
i plan on hevaily over clocking this CPU to save a buck but i cant find a cooler i want for it. water cooling is too expensive and have a budget 0$(you could give me one :p) to about 45$
any suggestions

Get the Zalman that freestyler posted. It uses copper rather than aluminum and Zalmans are a good known brand. If you want to meet your 45 dollar budget you could try ebay. I got this, usually 70 bucks, for only 25 on ebay. My temps dropped 10 degrees-- no joke.

edit: 10 degrees celcius*

Ive heard good things about Zalman, ive just bought a 9700 cooler from them, the big bro of the 9500, they sposed to be good. So id say go with the Zalman :)

The Tuniq Tower does NOT support AM2 processors! DO NOT GET IT!!!
# Compatibility:

* Intel
o Pentium 4
o Pentium 4 Prescott
o Socket 478
o LGA775
* AMD:
o Athlon 64
o Opteron
o K8
o Socket 754
o Socket 939
o Socket 940
Xoxide is an excellent site, I got my Tuniq Tower for my Core 2 Duo there, it's no newegg, but they're good.

Wish i cud find a decent site that delivers abroad!! Crappy pc choices in Spain. And its weird it doesnt support AM2, wonder if that will be fixed.

Ah, well I knew that the one I got didn't have an attachment for AM2 motherboards AFAIK, so I figured it wasn't compatible.

And the Tuniq Tower is amazing. Temps stay below 40C under load with my E6600 OCed to 3 GHz. If you're case is tight on space though, you might not want to get it, this thing is HUGE!

Back
Top Bottom