Advice

rowcon123

Daemon Poster
Hi guys starting my GCSE next year just wanted some advice on well what to do, do you have any tips and should I take chem bio and phy thanks :)

i'll love to give you advice's. but i think the Danish IT education is different from yours.
but feel free to ask about any subjects.

In the school I went to you had to take all three sciences (but it was a double award for combined science, not three separate ones

On top of that you had to take English language and English literature.
Had to take math
Had to do one technology subject (woodwork metal work technical drawing, textiles or food tech)
Must take a foreign language (French or German)
Must take Religious education (half award)
Must take information technology (this was split as a half award with a half award for technology, unless you did metal work, then you got a full hose in that and nothing in it.
After that you had to have two humanities subjects, (geography, history, business studies. Weirdly electronics was scheduled in the humanities timetable slots, meaning I was able to study metal work. And electronics at gcse.

My advice... Whatever you take, you'll be doing two years of study, have to complete course work, have to sit various exams, it's not that study will consume your life, but chose something you are interested in because it's a long time to have to study something that you're not interested in!

Bear in mind, if you want to do a physics a level you will need a physics gcse to get on the course. (If you want to do practically and science based subject at university, sciences are held in high regard.

I'm an Assistant accountant now and I did GCSE's and the most important thing is, is just revise, English and Maths are the two important one's, just make sure what ever career you're going for to revise and take education in the field that your job requires, for mine it was ACCA.

Hi guys starting my GCSE next year just wanted some advice on well what to do, do you have any tips and should I take chem bio and phy thanks :)

That depends what you want to do! Have you got a career or set of subjects in mind that you want to take forward? They're good general things to take, but we can't say whether *you* should take them unless we know what you want to go on and do!

Back
Top Bottom