Advice on New Build

r33d

Solid State Member
Hi,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice on a computer I am making for a friend of mine. He just wants a basic one, for office and internet use, not gaming or media etc. I'v tried to keep the cost strictly below £200 but I haven't built a computer for a while now so I just want to make sure what I buy will be ok.

Shopping List
AMD Sempron 64 3400+ (Socket 754)
MSI S754 Motherboard (Socket 754) (can someone confirm if this is onboard graphics?)
Corsair 512MB RAM
Maxtor DiamondMax 17 160GB Hard Drive
Sony CD-RW

I would have preferred an AMD Athlon 64, rather than Sempron, but I can't find a motherboard with onboard graphics for around £30 that's socket 939.

I'm still looking for a decent case, and a nice keyboard and mouse, I like the Logitech Media Keyboard and the Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 1000 .

I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me if all of the above will be compatible and sounds ok bearing in mind the budget and use, and if not to advise me on what I should change. Also if anyone knows anywhere with cheaper prices that would be handy :)

Thanks

Krato

every thing should work on board VGA but make sure u got a case to put this in otherwise it would look like ur friend went REALLY cheap lol

Aw shucks, I was going to use a cereal box aswell... Lol yeah I already have one but thanks for reminding me in 'case I forgot :p

I will probably order everything next week and if it goes wrong I'll blame it on you ;)

Thanks for your reply :D

Back
Top Bottom