Advice on AMD chips

Blanchy

Baseband Member
yeh im bit of a n00b when it cums to specs of processors, can can you please give me some advice....

please can you recommend the best AMD processor which has a price tag of bout 45-50 quid, i have looked on various webbys and after looking at the specs and price its hard to see which really is the more powerful

also pls can u recommend a suitable compatible motherboard to go with it in the price range of 30-40 quid(the Asrock K7VM4 looked alrite opinions?) , and also some suitable RAM please

thanks in advance foe any help

thrsy123 said:
yeh im bit of a n00b when it cums to specs of processors, can can you please give me some advice....

please can you recommend the best AMD processor which has a price tag of bout 45-50 quid, i have looked on various webbys and after looking at the specs and price its hard to see which really is the more powerful

also pls can u recommend a suitable compatible motherboard to go with it in the price range of 30-40 quid(the Asrock K7VM4 looked alrite opinions?) , and also some suitable RAM please

thanks in advance foe any help

I'm not really familiar with AMD chips, but a search on EBuyer came up with this. Seems like a good chip, and is within your price range.

CLICK HERE

Not found a good boad yet but will keep looking and post back if i find one :)

About the ram, you should wait til you pick a cpu, then you can pick some ram with a clock speed the same as the cpu clock speed

TheSickness said:
I might have found a good little one

Ive heard nothing but good things about the NForce chipsets and its well within the 40 quid budget -

Click Here

:D
Looks pretty good. I would say go for a little more quality if you want to spend it.

David Lindon said:
Looks pretty good. I would say go for a little more quality if you want to spend it.

If you are willing to spend alittle more on a motherboard then

This One is a good one.

But if not, the one i posted before isn't bad either :)

er yeh i looked at both mobos, amd ther sumthing bout the cheaper one(the xfs one) only supporting 2700 and above or sumtihng, surely that means that a AMD *Retail* Athlon XP 2200+ (1.80 GHz) with AMD Heat Sink Fan 3Yr will not work, becos it is only 2200

pls help...

also pls recommend some suitable RAM as well

cheers

ok ive decided what i want to get but i was just wondering if someone can please check over it all to make sure everything is compatible, thanks

btw iam running windows 98se

AMD Athlon XP2400 266 FSB 256 Cache Thoroughbred - Retail Boxed Inc Heatsink & Fan with 3year Warranty

PC Chips Syntax SKT A AGP Via KT266 DDR/SDR ATA 133 Sound/LAN/USB 2.0 Retail Box

as for the RAM i currently have sdram pc100, and im not sure which brand it is(no brand shows up in cpu-z) so i do no know whehter this RAM will be compatible, as apparently only reliable sdram will work with the mobo, so please can somebodt recommend some RAM that will work with the mobo and processor well.

Back
Top Bottom