ADSL Max (UK Broadband)

Xinam

In Runtime
Hi all, t'other day I contacted my ISP to renew contract etc. In the 3 years my phone exchange has been broadband enabled, I have only ever been able to get 512kb/s due to the distance from the exchange and my home (about 5 miles). When I rang them, they said that they would move me onto a 1mb connection, I didn't think this was possible but it turns out I am connected at 1Mb! Been doing a bit of digging about and I've found out that this is because of something called ADSL Max which they put on my exchange some time ago. I can't find much else out about it... like how it works and how fast I can actually have! Does anyone know anything more about ADSL Max?

P.S. Hello everyone, I'm back again for a little while!

Well i use AOL (but not their software) It varies ive just done a test there and it was 1909kbps, but im on my wireless and the computer upstairs is downloading torrents, so that will be slowing me down

Raffaz said:
Well i use AOL (but not their software) It varies ive just done a test there and it was 1909kbps, but im on my wireless and the computer upstairs is downloading torrents, so that will be slowing me down

I'm the same... use AOL but not the crappy software. My new 1Mb connection costs me £9.99pm which aint bad I think. Until Sky unbundle my telephone exchange, it'll do for now.

I find internetfrog.com useful for measuring connection speeds.

Back
Top Bottom