Adobe Techniques

Re: Re: Re: Absolute Cross

mac_mogul said:
I implemented a few of their tutorials. The smooth metal tutorial, and the glass button tutorial.
:)
Thanks! I'll try to learn those!:cool:

This seems like a good place to ask my Adobe question. Sorry I don't have a technique, but I'm trying to install Premiere Pro onto an external hard drive so I can use it on a different computer. Any ideas on how to make this work?

in Photoshop 7 and CS:

try to learn the "Action" command

go to Menu then click Windows then Action
you will find there different kinds of Image Effects, Production Effects, Text Effects and textures.

this is just one click and you have already an effects....

try it ... learn it.... and have fun

cheers

PHOTOSHOP

TIP: for making difficult selections.

if you want to make a complex selection against the sky using the magic wand, (eg tree with leaves against sky) go to channels, and view the channel that has the greatest contrast between the things you want to select, and make your selection. after, go back to normal colour mode.

brush tip:

you know that annoying (and sometimes useful) thing that happens sometimes when using any form of brush tool where the cursor does not show the size, just a little crosshair.... caps lock is the trick.

joshd said:
PHOTOSHOP

TIP: for making difficult selections.

if you want to make a complex selection against the sky using the magic wand, (eg tree with leaves against sky) go to channels, and view the channel that has the greatest contrast between the things you want to select, and make your selection. after, go back to normal colour mode.

brush tip:

you know that annoying (and sometimes useful) thing that happens sometimes when using any form of brush tool where the cursor does not show the size, just a little crosshair.... caps lock is the trick.

^^The two most useful things I've heard all week! Thanks.

Ok let's just say that the most powerful image software that I know how to use is MS paint. Now that I can use photoshop I will like to do cooler stuff. Since I know nothing I guess something like putting my picture on a dollar bill will be a good start.

Who wants to give me a quick guide?

I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I have found Good Tutorials lives up to its name. Here are tuts for that face in a dollar bill thingy.

Cheers,
Williwaw
thLavaLampSmall_anim.gif

Back
Top Bottom