Adobe Techniques

mac_mogul

The Original Mac User
This would be a nice place to post any type of technique or shortcut used in Adobe graphics programs i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, ImageReady, InDesign, and any other adobe prog.

Here's a neat Photoshop trick used to make a sort of "cave wall' effect.

-Open a new document preferably NOT high res. (a setting of 72 will do just fine)
-Make sure your color pallet is set to black and white
-Go to 'filters'-'render'-'clouds'
-Then go to 'filters'-'noise'-'add noise'STOP-- Set noise amount to '3' and make sure it is set to 'gaussian' and click 'ok'
-Now go to your 'channels' pallet-'create new channel-"Alpha 1"'-and do the "clouds" and "noise" process again.
-Once that is finished, select your "layer 1" from the layers pallet
-Go to "filters'-'render'-'lighting effects'STOP-- set intensity to...
-30 for matte look
-50 for semi glossy look
-higher than 50 for mettalic look
-Move light source to desired location
-Then select 'Alpha 1' down at the bottom of the lighting effects dialoge box. Make sure 'white is high' is selected. Then move the cursor to 'mountainous' Click 'ok'
-Now create a new layer. Set new layer to 'color' and fill with a dark green or almost black blue.
You can adjust opacity and filter as desired.

This should now look like a slimy cave wall :)

I'll have more tips and stuff later! :cool:

Shakie

Fully Optimized
Good idea Mac.

If any of you aspiring artists out there have am Adobe Trick or Technique that you would like to share post it here in this thread.

ekÆsine

Fully Optimized
i am pretty sure you can't do that in illustrator or imageready. pictures are a must with graphics tutorials it helps clear things up and users can see the finished results.

Qiranworms

Fully Optimized
I like everything but the "green slime" effect. I think a sort of stone colour would be better...

T1junkie

In Runtime
nice

I have a simple little trick for Desktop pitures

create a blank picture that is the same size as your resolution

use the cloud filter to apply your two favorite colors

and save a JPG file and set it as you desktop pict.

its really simple and I think it makes a great desktop pict.

Jetta-GT-

Baseband Member
some PSP basic shortcuts

Ctrl+T - transform
Ctrl+C - copy :)
Ctrl+V - paste :)
Ctrl+Z - undo :)
etc...
to move object use
Shift <- (or ->) - moves objet faster
Ctrl <- (or ->) - moves objects really slow (really good for working with lines etc)

For PSP tehniqes i recomend going to the library :)

girly

Banned
eyecandy is a cool addon feature for adobe photoshop-lets you cheat quite a bit with filters, theres a new version out ;o)

Attachments

• 516b0003.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 932

Fahim

In Runtime
well i had used Adobe 's related all programs and i think they are all perfect......and the adobe photoshop is the best of all....
i think adobe is the favorite to all ....because it is easy to work in...and the Designing is easy to do in it...