adobe flash and java updates wtf

yea thanks bru did you read the first post?

did I ask you for advice on which browser to choose from? NO!!!
why cant people stop this **** already.

if I want another browser I ask for it. but I didn't<<<

I asked how to get rid of these damn update prompts in INTERNET EXPLORER OR FIREFOX...
I don't want crome. please stop answering questions with unrelated answers. (not just you, other people)

and then fools gonna get butthurt (excuse my language) because they think they were helpful with their suggestion when its not even close to what I was asking.

Easy there, turbo.

Start -> msconfig -> Startup tab -> disable the jusched item and the updater for Flash.

This will remove the update notifiers on the desktop, but not within the browser. You'll need to go into your Add-on settings and see if you can disable them within the browser.

Although, not updating Java/Flash are going to leave huge security holes in your system.

Last edited:
yea thanks bru did you read the first post?

did I ask you for advice on which browser to choose from? NO!!!
why cant people stop this **** already.

if I want another browser I ask for it. but I didn't<<<

I asked how to get rid of these damn update prompts in INTERNET EXPLORER OR FIREFOX...
I don't want crome. please stop answering questions with unrelated answers. (not just you, other people)

and then fools gonna get butthurt (excuse my language) because they think they were helpful with their suggestion when its not even close to what I was asking.
Technically speaking, it is a way to get rid of the updaters.

You also never mentioned anything about browsers, you simply made a rant post about these updaters. When I gave you a sarcastically legit post your only other response in this thread was a facepalm pic. In which case I replied with a serious post about not having updaters.

look. I asked about updates so you know im talking about IE or firefx because obviously crome doesn't have that problem. but if I wanted to use crome I would have installed it already.
you suggest things that I never asked for and now im the bad guy because I have to clarify every time I ask something I get people suggesting stuff that I don't need and then everyone gets mad because I don't want to switch to YOUR browser of choice. so im not trying to be rude im just tired of people suggesting stuff that I never asked for instead of helping me with the problem I asked about..

I actually went to java settings and adobe settings and disabled both there
also disabled in IE and startup settings. yet somehow they still manage to popup. I remember even in older windows these two updates are just persistend motherquackers and many people have same problem( most people just give up after a while and click through the prompts)

but they keep coming back even after I do it few times. and its a fresh windows install. too unlike my laptop that has short term memory loss where it forgets settings on that user profile. this one is all clean is there a registry setting that is hidden?

Really easy way to prevent Java from updating is to delete this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java

This is how I prevent java for software packages to be distributed for our company. If you don't want to go through this hassle, then don't bother.

First (obviously) completely uninstall both.

Java: Download, if you haven't already, the offline installer https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Start the installer, and once you get to the agreement, stop. Don't exit the program, but just don't click any further. Goto %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jre_7*** (it'll be whatever offline version you're installing), and find the .msi installer package and associated .cab file. Copy both of those your desktop or another folder.

Download and install this program called "Orca Msi Editor" http://www.technipages.com/downloads/OrcaMSI.zip

Right-click the java msi installer, and choose "Edit with Orca". In the Orca window, click "Transform" up on the top bar, and click "New Transform". Now, scroll down the left side to find the "Property" table. In this table, find the following entries and change their values to such:

AUTOUPDATECHECK - Change to "0"
JAVAUPDATE - Change to "0"
JU - Change to "0"
MOZILLA - Change to "1"
RebootYesNo - Change to "No"

Now, go to the top bar, click "Transform=>Generate Transform", and save it to wherever you put the msi installer originally. This will create an .mst file with your changes applied.

Now open a command prompt, and enter this command (replacing the variables with your paths):

Code:
msiexec /i "<path to original msi>" /q /norestart TRANSFORMS="<path to .mst file>"

This will install an update-free java instance.

Last edited:
look. I asked about updates so you know im talking about IE or firefx because obviously crome doesn't have that problem. but if I wanted to use crome I would have installed it already.
you suggest things that I never asked for and now im the bad guy because I have to clarify every time I ask something I get people suggesting stuff that I don't need and then everyone gets mad because I don't want to switch to YOUR browser of choice. so im not trying to be rude im just tired of people suggesting stuff that I never asked for instead of helping me with the problem I asked about..

I actually went to java settings and adobe settings and disabled both there
also disabled in IE and startup settings. yet somehow they still manage to popup. I remember even in older windows these two updates are just persistend motherquackers and many people have same problem( most people just give up after a while and click through the prompts)

but they keep coming back even after I do it few times. and its a fresh windows install. too unlike my laptop that has short term memory loss where it forgets settings on that user profile. this one is all clean is there a registry setting that is hidden?
If you assumed people would suggest a superior browser, then all you needed to say was "don't suggest Chrome". Like I said before, you mentioned nothing about browsers in the OP so how would I know? :rolleyes:

In any case, if they are that persistent have you checked for any ****ware? I have Firefox installed as well and never have Adobe update prompts.

You could just get those updates like your supposed to do and stop fighting with it. If you do not need to have java for any particular program then just uninstall it and
you'll only have to update flash. Honestly, flash doesn't update every other day to get that annoying

Flash can also be set to update automatically rather than notifying there's an update an having to manually interact.

thanks Yevrag35 ill try that.

and its not just this post. every time I ask a question theres always same people suggesting something other than I use. Im aware of all the options.

u know when people say don't try to help unless asked to. I learned that a while ago, and before I did I was like you, always giving out suggestions when not asked to, assuming that my opinion is valuable and my way is the only way. then get butthurt because person didn't want to do what I suggested... and that's exactly what you are doing suggesting when not asked to... don't get mad and don't blame me for telling you all this. just think about it instead and maybe not do it next time.
so again im not being rude im responding to your very unrelated post which you thought was helpful.

i have all updates set on manual because i do it once a month all of them at once when i have time. but these stupid adobe and java updates just keep popping up even though i set them both on manual update and no notifications.

ill see if Yevrag35's thing works.
theres no malware i have scanner running ever 2 weeks

Back
Top Bottom