Admin Block

NoEyesGuys

Beta member
I recently bought a computer from someone in my neighborhood, as they were moving and wanted to get rid of a few things. I brought it home and set it up a week later, to lazy to do it right a way xD I started it up and it was fine, but when I went to download minecraft I was prompted for and admin pass. The person I bought it from has already moved and I tried to contact her but couldn't >< any help would be aoppreciated, if the only option is system restore, let me know.
Thank.

To solve this problem the first thing that you need to know is what operating system it is, if you do not already.

To do this do the following:
1) Press start
2) Right click "Computer" or "My Computer"
3) Click properties

at the top it should tell what operating system you're using, for example my says " Windows Edition - Windows 7 Professional SP1 ".

If you're using XP then I'm unsure of how to solve your problem. If you're using Windows vista / 7 then it is most likely UAC (User Account Control).

UAC (User Account Control) is a piece of software that enables windows vista and 7 to protect the system from making any changes (eg; installation of programmes) without your acknowledgement, it sounds to me like the previous user has set a password so their children or other users may of not been able to install things.

To disable UAC do the following:
1) Press start
2) In the search bar at the bottom type "UAC" and choose "change user account settings"
3) Change the UAC level to "never notify" (Basically the bottom one).

Re-start your computer and try and install minecraft, if this solves the problem then this was the issue. Be aware however of every change you make to your computer from know on, as you've just disabled a security setting.

If your using vista then disabling this should or is done is most cases because the security level of this programme in vista is hugely over-rated.

Any problems just reply.

Thanks
Nathan

Try this:

1) Start
2) Control Pannel
3) Try and find "Systems" or "Computer" (one found try to load).

Tell me what the outcome is in a reply.

Back
Top Bottom