Address Bar...

Hilikus

Solid State Member
Hey, I've been having troubles with the address bar in Microsoft Internet Explorer (latest version).
With the drop down address bar at the top of the window, it is crammed full of links, and they just never go away, and I haven't been able to find any way of deleting them manually.
I have been able to delete the addresses that I had typed myself into the address bar, either by deleting the temperary files under internet options or going into the registry to delete them. It's all the addresses that are automatically put into the drop down address bar (after visiting a site) that I can't get rid of.
If anybody can give me some help here, it would be greatly appreciated! I can't stand having a hundred or two links stored in that bar.
(Just a note, I use the screen reader JAWS by freedom scientific... just to give some insight.)
Thanks

Oh yeah, if it helps, I use Windows XP...

Uhh... I bet you're tried this, but go into Internet Options and hit Clear Browsing History, or something. That does it for me.

I really have no idea, then... That's a weird problem. Maybe a fresh install of Internet Explorer, if that's possible? I use FireFox, so my knowledge of Internet Explorer is a bit limited.

Hmmm... I was really considering that, but people had expressed the concern of actually being able to uninstall it in the first place... I was told that you can't even open up an installation window without using internet explorer, so it can't, or shouldn't be uninstalled. If it is possible, I would be willing to try that, I just don't want to risk it.

As far as I know, it is impossible to fully remove ie from Windows, however Firefox can be installed with ie still installed.

Back
Top Bottom