address and class of a USB Bluetooth using the windows OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello

I was wondering if you guys/gals could tell me how to find the the address and class of a USB Bluetooth using the windows OS

Are you sure you machine is Bluetooth enabled?

It should be right in the Device Manager.

i have got a USB "key" bluetooth device which fits into the USB port my my pc, thus making the PC bluetooth enabled.

On computers running Linux the address and class of a USB Bluetooth dongle may be found by entering "hciconfig hci0 class" as root ("hci0" may need to be replaced by another device name).

(this is of the blueooth wiki)

I still dont think that even with the Device that your system will make it BlueTooth enabled. I tried it once and it failed miserably for me.

But you may have success with it. If you attacha device it should show up in the Device Manager. that is where all info will be.

it is working for me, i have transferred stuff from my phone to my pc using the bluetooth dongle.

however the info is not in the device manager

Hmm that seems odd. It should be even my USB devices show up in Device Manager. Do you have the little icon in you task bar that says to safely remove hardware? If so check in there maybe it has the info you are looking for.

i have got the little blue icon in my task bar, and when i click on that it gives me the bluesoleil application.

aha in the blue soleil application
i found the device address 00:11:...

and the following hardware

Manufacturer: Integrated System Solution Corp.
HCI Version 1.2
HCI revision 1F4
LMP Version 1.2
LMP Sub Version 1F4

googled for HCI, LMP and found out the following
HCI Host Controller Interface
LMP LInk Manager Protocol

still have not been able to work out what is the versio nof bluetooth

i guess the services possible with a bluetooth device are determined on the application level, and since i have got the bluetooth device plugged into my pc hence there are a whole bunch of services available to my bluetooth dongle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom