Adding my 2nd disk in XP

gplpark92

BSOD
i had a confused screwed up version of Vista on my 320GB hard disk, and i have and i am currently using XP Pro on my 120GB.

wut i did, is delete the partition (which was the whole disk) from XP's memory. How do I add it again?

and you see, the problem that i was having, was i had both hard disks (they're both SATA) being Primary, so XP and Vista were fighting over which disk is C:, and they couldnt detect each other and couldnt share a boot menu.

If you deleted the partition then its gone! Your allowed more than 2 primary partitions so thats not the problem. You're probably gonna have to install vista again, was there any important data on there?

If you deleted the partition then its gone! Your allowed more than 2 primary partitions so thats not the problem. You're probably gonna have to install vista again, was there any important data on there?

no there was no important data at all, this is my project (to dual boot).

right now im on XP and im formatting the 320 and wiping Vista clean. i've already tried installing vista 3 times, and all 3 times, it did this.

WHY can they NOT co-exist?!!!!! Cant we live peacefully? I HAVE A DREAM where Vista and XP dont fight for drives, and can live together!

i dont know what the hell is going on, since all 3 times, its done that. Using the setup disk's "repair" function i was able to access XP again, and while i've been in XP, i've wiped the Vista drive clean.

2 drives, 2 OS's, why is my computers bootloader so confused?

Ignore the comment above, hes wrong.:) There shouldnt be any problems at all having them on seperate drives, mine are setup that way.:)

1. Format your 2nd hard drive, in Windows XP. Create a new "primary" partition to install Vista on. Make it at least 20 gigabytes in size.

2. Install Vista on the new drive. Pop in the Vista CD and point it to your newly-created partition as the installation destination. Installation will restart your machine at various points.

3. Choose your operating system on boot. Once Vista is installed on your newly-created partition, on boot up, you'll get a choice to start XP or Vista. The default is Vista. However, this can be changed using Vista's boot manager

Back
Top Bottom