activating my front mic/speaker ports

rymort

In Runtime
i have a computer that i just upgraded the case with, the new case has the fron usb and mic/speaker ports. I have my mic and speakers hooked up to the mobo in the back of the computer. I wanna know if there is a way to leave this and be able to hook a head set into the front of my computer and hear sound out of the headset instead of the speakers? and be able to talk in the headset mic instead of my standalone mic? how do i do this?

You mobo should have a set of connectors called "System Panel Connectors" in the bottom right corner. Either look in your manual or check the mobo.

The writting is very small so you might not be able to read if you have bad vision

Just connect the wirest comming from the front panel of your case to the proper connectors.

Some of the connectors should be labeled something like "reset" there should be 3-4 labeled "ground" "PLED+" and "PLED-" "speaker". They wont be labeld exactly that unless you have an asus mobo but will be something close. Those are the most common connector names on mobos.

ok i looked at the wires that came from the front and they say:
MIC VCC
MIC DATA
EAR R
EAR R
EAR L
EAR L
GND

my mobo is the ASUS K8V SE Deluxe

can you possibly send me a picture showing where on the mobo to put these wires?

thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom