Acer Laptops

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Personally I love them. The store I work at used to sell them exclusively. We would offer some service for them. When we couldn't do the repairs and had to send them in we called their tech support for the customer. It's American. Texan to be more exact. Not once did I get the run around from them and the techs always knew what they were talking about.

Overall, great laptops, and great customer service.

{Edit}

I don't know why this came up first. It should be post #8.....

I am in the market for a new laptop. I have seen a couple good deals at Best Buy on Acer laptops. Does anyone have any experience with these. I do not know anything about them. How do they stack up with the other major brands like HP, Dell, and the others? Thanks.

i bought a acer 2 months ago... and its been a great laptop..one thing with mine is ive noticed its really durable..its always in my backpack, and being dragged across town, on the train..its even been kicked accidently and still work great

ive owned a dell inspirion anda sony vaio, and i find it very comparable..

for a cheap laptop i tihnk the acer is great

I usually don't associate Acer with exceptional notebooks. They're just there, as far as notebook manufactures go. I'd rank them with the likes of Gateway, Compaq, and lower priced Dells.

i bought a acer 2 months ago... and its been a great laptop..one thing with mine is ive noticed its really durable..its always in my backpack, and being dragged across town, on the train..its even been kicked accidently and still work great

ive owned a dell inspirion anda sony vaio, and i find it very comparable..

Thanks for the information.

I usually don't associate Acer with exceptional notebooks. They're just there, as far as notebook manufactures go. I'd rank them with the likes of Gateway, Compaq, and lower priced Dells.

Would you consider them good enough to use for internet, email, and burning CDs and DVDs?

I have an Extensa 5620 bought from Office depot for less than $500 last June.
E5550, 3Gb, C2D, DVD. This guy is the second fastest comp in the house. Good features, very fast w/ Vista H.P.

Keep in mind that they have different grades and the Extensa appears to be a step up from the Aspire, many of which are Dual Core and C2D.

Edit: Forgot to mention, it has a VERY NICE 15.4" bright screen.

Personally I love them. The store I work at used to sell them exclusively. We would offer some service for them. When we couldn't do the repairs and had to send them in we called their tech support for the customer. It's American. Texan to be more exact. Not once did I get the run around from them and the techs always knew what they were talking about.

Overall, great laptops, and great customer service.

{Edit}

I don't know why this came up first. It should be post #8.....

That would be because the time has apparently been reset AGAIN and you posted this 7 years ago.

you missed the word "cheap"...its right in front of laptop

for that price range, i believe acer makes a fairly solid laptop, its defently not no XPS or hp...but they are pretty nice for their price

they are definitly good for medium to light everyday use, definitly not desktop replacements or gaming laptops. but are still great notebooks. I used my old 5520 for over a year with no problems then sold it for a faster more desktop replacement

Back
Top Bottom