Acer Aspire One Netbook 532h Crucial RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

theopfor

In Runtime
I recently purchased RAM from Crucial. DDR2 2GB stick. I installed it all fine and it worked just fine. Today I booted up my computer and was on it for a couple of hours when BAM blue screen saying something about driver failure. My computer rebooted and the RAM level went from 50% to 80% at bootup. I was confused so I checked how much RAM my computer was recognizing and it only says I have a 1GB stick inside! I am ever so upset this happened I only had the stick in for just over 24 hours. Please help. The 2GB stick is in right now.

Run Memtest86+ on the stick for a few hours and see if it reports any errors.

If it does, then take it out and RMA it.

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization. It means contacting either the store you bought it from (if its in the return period of the store) or back to Crucial to get a replacement. You usually have to ship the stick(s) to them, and they will ship a new set back.

You can't boot it directly from your computer. You'll need to clear off a flash drive to use temporarily or find somebody to burn you a CD.

Ok I have a cleared flash drive with the program on it. I have restarted my computer and nothing other than windows pops up. My flash drive was in the computer when I restarted. All that is on the flash drive is: Copying, mt86plus, Readme, syslinux.cfg

Did you just put the ISO on the flashdrive? You can't do that.

Use Unetbootin and choose the Memtest86+ ISO and choose your flash drive's drive letter. Then reboot, and make sure to choose your flash drive as the boot option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom