Accomplishments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Accomplishments !

1.After over a year of very big problems and such stuff I managed to not end up in the mental ward again since the age of 14.
Anybody that thinks ending up in the mental ward is funny, it's not, it's pure freaking nightmare... -_-

2.I lost my medicaid insurance this year, and my job 3 weeks ago, but I have 3 companys in georgia who want to speak to me about a job...

3.Celeron e1400 dual core has lasted quite abit and has not over heated since I gave it some better thermal paste and put it near the air vent. my point: it hasn't failed yet ^_^

4.My cockerspaniel had his hip misplaced a week ago, he cried at the hospital looking for me.
Champion costed my mother and I over 400 dollars.
My point no major computer upgrades until xmas but atleast I will still be able to demand payback from my cockerspaniel.

5. I am glad to still be alive even though I REALLY do hate my life right about now.
My accomplishment, is that I'll be able to see the age of 29 after next week.
I figure once I hit that age or 30 I consider my young life to be over, thats the way I see life in my own eyes.

1.After over a year of very big problems and such stuff I managed to not end up in the mental ward again since the age of 14.
Anybody that thinks ending up in the mental ward is funny, it's not, it's pure freaking nightmare... -_-

2.I lost my medicaid insurance this year, and my job 3 weeks ago, but I have 3 companys in georgia who want to speak to me about a job...

3.Celeron e1400 dual core has lasted quite abit and has not over heated since I gave it some better thermal paste and put it near the air vent. my point: it hasn't failed yet ^_^

4.My cockerspaniel had his hip misplaced a week ago, he cried at the hospital looking for me.
Champion costed my mother and I over 400 dollars.
My point no major computer upgrades until xmas but atleast I will still be able to demand payback from my cockerspaniel.

5. I am glad to still be alive even though I REALLY do hate my life right about now.
My accomplishment, is that I'll be able to see the age of 29 after next week.
I figure once I hit that age or 30 I consider my young life to be over, thats the way I see life in my own eyes.

Mike,

I hope you come back to this thread and read what I am about to say ! First of all, I am glad that some things have worked out for the better for you lately. It sounds rough.

KEEP IN MIND this one tidbit of information from someone over 3 times older than you ! I was 14 before as well, and 15 etc. You get the point. Part of growing up is whatever age you are at, you think you really understand what the rest of your life will be like looking at the future from someone's eyes at that particular point in time.

What I mean is, when you get to be 30, you will see that life is truly only BEGINNING ! I didn't actually "grow up" until my 30's. However, at almost 48 now, I STILL see that as I get older, I realize that there is so much to experience (good and bad) at ALL AGES ! Don't assume what you will feel like or see when you are 30. You will not see 30 as you do now, mate. ;) It WILL get better.

^ That's really great advice oldskool. When I was younger I felt the same way as you do Mike, and I ignored everyone who would try to tell me different. I am glad I finally looked in the direction that oldskool is talking about. It changed my life for the better in almost every aspect.

For as long as I could remember, I was always the fat kid. At the age of 16, I got my first exercise machine. I weighed 235lbs. at 5'7". And so that year I had lost about 20lbs. Following year, I got down to 210. Then I graduated high school at 180, and ended the year at 175, which was the lowest I've ever been in my quest to be of average weight.

After the start of college I had experienced the "freshmen 15", only it was more like a "freshmen 40". And over the next 4 years, I had fluctuated several times back and forth. Those were pretty rough years for me.

Eventually I ended up back where I had started up until last year. My doctor told me I was in danger of having diabetes. My parents, both being diabetics, that scared me. And so I went back on track. Never looking back, I did not diet, but changed my lifestyle of eating. And went back to exercising regularly.

This year, from January to now, I have lost 35lbs. Now at 190, I feel the best I've ever felt, the girls are looking, and I'm not going to stop. I'm just going to go forward and forward. My goal is around 150-160.

So that's my accomplishment in progress.

Congrats, b1gapl. Now bottle some of that enthusiasm and send it my way as I am in that struggle right now... but I'm way past 235. I'd be happy to hit 235 as it sits well on my frame (about what I weighed at my wedding).

My accomplishment(s)? Hmmm... good question. From where I am right now I don't have much to crow about. But I guess I have one or two.

I have been married for over 22 years (23 come 1 Dec.) Yes, all to the same woman and , yes, continuously. And happily most of the time.

I have raised a smart, attractive daughter.

I own my own home, and bought it without help from anyone else.

I earned my AA at age 40.

i got 99% on my calculus midterm without really studying, just maybe reviewed for an hour or so (compared to the massive studying every1 else was doing, this was nothing). And here's the KILLER, the one tiny mistake that they docked me for, was for ADDING FRACTIONS! It was a really long difficult question, and my mistake was on the 2nd last step, ADDING FRACTIONS!!!!!!!!

I haven't had many accomplishments since... but i am in my fourth and final year studying Pharmacy, so i guess thats an accomplishment :D

I earned the rank of Eagle in Boy Scouts a couple years ago which was the culmination of a lot of work and a lot of good times.

I got accepted to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, loved the city, loved the college, but hated the degree I was pursuing. After 2 years, I left and moved down to Los Angeles, where I'm now working towards twin A.S. degrees in Aviation Science and Commercial Aviation, and maybe a B.S. in Aviation Management, all for working as an Air Traffic Controller. And for the the first time in 3 years I'm enjoying what I'm doing.

And... that's all for now lol.

EDIT: I BROKE 5K POSTS, I GUESS THAT'S KIND OF AN ACCOMPLISHMENT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom