Accidentally deleted volume? (help)

bj8288

Solid State Member
Hello,

I was messing around in add/remove programs yesterday on my home computer, and I must have accidentally deleted the volume on the computer.

When I went to adjust the volume, I got the following message:

"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware."

I followed these steps and it wants me to download the device, but I think I need the disk? I'm not sure I have that disk anymore. I'm kinda stuck at this point....

I tried a system restore, and I guess it didn't work.

This is a Windows XP Pro.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know where I should go to download this device off the internet.....

Hmm, I'm just confused as to what to do. There is an add hardware wizard, and I'm not sure how to get past that part.

It has found new hardware, but then I'm not sure how to continue from there. The wizard searches for the Multimedia audio controller, but it can't find it.

Hmm, I may not. I appreciate all of the help so far....I may be able to figure this out, but I'll let you know if I still can't get it working.

I'll try the link...

And i think it is kinda impossible to delete your sound. Try unplugging, replugging in your speakers also.

What is the name and model number of the device it wants you to add? Go to device manager and look under the "Unknown Devices" tab.

And i think it is kinda impossible to delete your sound. Try unplugging, replugging in your speakers also.
No it is.

You first need to figure out what your sound card is. What chipset it is then go to that maker website and download the latest version for that chip.
This is sort of what Holysky is telling you what to do.

Back
Top Bottom