Access Local Only?

ComputerFixz

Solid State Member
Well before I had an issue where I would only get "Limited or no Connectivity" This now has changed to Local Access Only. What does this mean and how do I fix it.

And now I am actually able to send and receive packets.....am I getting closer to connecting to the internet?

Edit: It says Windows confiirmed that "Primary DNS Server" is currently online, but is not responding to connection attempts at this time.

Then it says the following policy might need to be adjusted to allow windows to connect:

Policy Provider: -
Filter Name: SymNetDrv Firewall Filter Outbound_Transport_V4

you are basically not connected to the internet i look into the error code ot see what that means.

ok thanks. It is bugging the crap out of me and it won't even connect with an Ethernet wire. Both connections are being a pain and I really would like to connect.

If you go to run then type: cmd, to get a command prompt then type: ipconfig /all you will get your dns server addresses. Then i would try to ping them from command. See if you are even able to reach them by ping.

Cheers!

oh i use the m and they have really crappy service tit can never get the DNS for some reason.

hmm could the problem be for my dns servers its just random letters DCHPv6 server is random numbers and tere is no default gateway o_O and compared to my sisters laptop her ip is 192.xxx and mine is 169.xxx could that be an issue and how do I go about changing it.

Also I use Broadcom WLAN wireless card and its up to date.

It is possible. Have you tried doing a simple power cycle, to see if you still have the problem?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom