Access another PC on the same network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Optimized
I have a home network with 3 PC's, but to simplify things, only two are involved in this question so lets just say I have 2. Would it be possible for me to connect to the other PC, and use the desktop and software, just as if I were actually using the other computer?

I want to start a dedicated server on one of the PC's, but I don't have a monitor for it, so is there any way to basicly access and use the PC from another computer on the same network?

What OS are both computers running, you should be able to use remote desktop if you're running XP or later Windows.

Try some other alternative like tighVNC, Radmin, realVNC. Google search for remote control software.

http://www.stardock.com/products/multiplicity/

Multiplicity is the application you would need to do what you need. At least from what you describe. Either that or they have adapters out there that allow you to use 1 mouse to control 2 PC. Same for keyboards and monitors. That would be the other solution.

Since you dont have another monitor for the other PC i dont think Remote Desktop would help as you really want to try that. Cause you would have to hook up evertyhing to that PC. Request Remtoe PC help and allow your other PC to connect to it.

So my best bet would be Multiplicity or the Slitters that allow you to connect more than 1 PC to a device.

How would multiplicity work? It says:

Please note: Multiplicity is not a "remote desktop" application. Each system continues to need its own monitor to display that PC. The other PC does not have a monitor. I'll look at those programs law posted.

Sorry forgot that Multiplicity works over 2 computer so one can control the other. That isnt what you aer looking for.

I think your best bet will be the Adapters. That way you can just use 1 set of devices, mouse, keyboard, and monitor, to sontrol your other PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom