ac3 and vantec tornado

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalloryzPizimp

Beta member
Alright this is a problem, i have a problem with my processor overheating. i have a vantec tornado fan + heatsink, and i don't think that's the problem, and it's all mounted correctly. Ne wayz, so i took it off the other day and all the ac3 was smudged to the edges mostly one side. And i suppose it's not souupsed to dry, so i guess it all got pushed and melted to the edges. So ne wayz i just put re-applied it again, and now it's running at a hotter temperature, reason being is that when running high graphics it would freeze, it would freeze b4 i messed with it, but now it freezes aloooot more, as soon as the graphics start.

silicon doesnt dry and your fan clamps should hold the fan down on the cpu enough to smudge out the sides so dont worry about that ....I dont think you have a cpu overheating problem. How do you Know did you check in Bios or what ....

yeah man i checked through the bios when i barley start it up and it's significantly higher than the other time, i'm thinking mabey it has something to do with my bios settings? when i took it apart and started it up again it posted and said "CPU fan overspeed" and "cpu overspeed or s omething of that sort"...ne help ne one? yeah and then when i did check it freezes aloooot sooner when doin high graphics.

hey i kept restarting a bit ago and i went into the bios and checked the settings and it ran at about 190 degrees, no joke. I mean i can't believe it's not toasted yet. but for the specs i don't know what you want besides this...amd anthlon 2200+, radeon 9700 pro, sb audigy, asus aa7n8x deluxe mother board, and my heatsink and fan is the vantec tornado..i mean I got this fan and heatsink cuz it was supposed to be one of the best, i'm thinking it's not mounted correctly? Ne thing i missed lemme know

Could be a Mounting Problem. Do a good visual and check the clips, see if it rocks at all. Does the fan work? Maybe Re-install the Heatsink/Fan? Scrap off all the old thermal paste & reapply. Use rubbing alcohol to clean the Heatsink once ya got the old paste off of it. Careful not to scratch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom