AC Cooling vs. Liquid Cooling

actually watercooling has advanced quite a bit. now they have liquid in which is better than water and is not conductive at all. it is what i am curently using on my gaming pc and i cant complain at all. also compusa has some of those watercooled koolance cases for around 269$ usd around where i live. i would suggest checking a local computer store. this cold bug u speak about how does that work because they had liquid nitrogen on intel and it was i think at -138c so that cold bug was either deactivated or is set to really low temps so low that not even water or air conditioning could get.

Deathstar said:
Did you read the review???
That is the principle this cases cooling is based on, as with most things there are different variations of the process :) The item you have linked to also uses this principle but is in no way the only peltier cooling system devised, there are plenty of others. Your link is a cpu specific design utilising the peltier method, the case is just a variation on the peltier cooling theme. An open mind is a great asset in the young ;) not everything is black and white, there are grey areas, I hope you have learned something today :D

Peltier is using a current through a conductor and cooling one side while heating the other. That case dont use an electric current. For all i care, its the same thing as connecting your AC duct to the side panel of your case and using a fan to push air into it. For a real peltier, i would go with water and a 228W peltier for the cpu and gpu a like. Now that would be cool. I hope you learned something today :)

[Sarcasm]
ownage said:
Peltier is using a current through a conductor and cooling one side while heating the other. That case dont use an electric current. For all i care, its the same thing as connecting your AC duct to the side panel of your case and using a fan to push air into it. For a real peltier, i would go with water and a 228W peltier for the cpu and gpu a like. Now that would be cool. I hope you learned something today :)
Well, having learned something from you today, I guess the specifications mean nothing then.

nextherm592ij.jpg

And there I was in my ignorance thinking that the thermoelectric (NOTE: electric) cooling chip in the case was powered by, wait for it, electricity. Must be solar powered I guess. :D
oh, wait a moment,

Thermoelectric Cooling
Thermoelectric cooling is also known as Peltier cooling as well.

Well gosh darn and golly gee, seems they may be the same thing :D and it appears to run on 12v of "sunlight"
THE REVIEW
Fresh air from outside the case at the ambient temperature is blown through the fan onto the heatsink on the “Hot Side” of the thermoelectric chip, to dissipate the heat generated by the thermoelectric chip. Meanwhile, on the “Cold Side” of the thermoelectric Chip, fresh air from outside the case is pumped through the low temperature heat sink and then sent into the PC system......
There's that pesky solar powered thingy masquerading as a thermoelectric chip again :D [/Sarcasm]
ownage said:
...... its the same thing as connecting your AC duct to the side panel of your case and using a fan to push air into it......
Now there we agree, in principle, if not on the method of creating the cooler air, except I feel the results would be better with the aircon ducting in this case. (sic)

Back
Top Bottom