About to order..how's it looking?

Dell's are usually good deals(cough until it fries cough) but I don't think thats to great of a deal I probably wouldn't get it.(That may be because I'm a desktop guy...)

xguynameddavex said:
IMOHO I hate dell, I hate everything about them, and I hate their customer service.

There is actual evidence of them putting refurbished parts in their computers, and that my friend is why they always fry out quickly.

But besides my grudge, that is a decent computer for the price. Wait, is that a laptop?

That's actually incorrect. I work for Dell and have been in their Distribution centers and factories. They have an inventory model of control, in that, they actually don't have an inventory! By doing this, it prevents them from losing money. They buy parts from manufacturer's directly from their trucks at their plants during the time of order/build.

Any item/box that remotely comes close to touching the ground is considered refurbished and sold on the outlet.

HP carried on the practices of old Packard Bell with the building of PCs with Refurbished parts, maybe that's who you are referring to. But, either way, be very skeptical about what you read, especially on the internet.

you guys must seriously do something wrong with dell computers, because my family has had 4-5 dells, NONE of them have fried. No they are not all new. They are made perfectly fine for people who dont know how to even open up a computer. They are made not to be messed with. If you like messing with your comp, dont get one. Dont say they are crap unless they fry for some reason other than YOU did something to it.

On topic though, yea that seems like a decent laptop. I wouldnt get the truelife, just because those pictures on that website you posted, it shows more of that guys window then what youd actually want to see

taylor said:
you guys must seriously do something wrong with dell computers, because my family has had 4-5 dells, NONE of them have fried. No they are not all new. They are made perfectly fine for people who dont know how to even open up a computer. They are made not to be messed with. If you like messing with your comp, dont get one. Dont say they are crap unless they fry for some reason other than YOU did something to it.

Computers are put together a certain way, not sure if you know that, but the ability to open up a computer and know the parts is very easy, because under most circumstances they are all the same.

Motherboards connected to the hard drive, the cdrom drive, and the floppy drive with ide cables, the power supply (two cords) is also attached to the motherboard, and the rest of the drives, and pci/pcie/sata/agp cards easily plug into the motherboard, and thats it. Computers fry, i had problems with dells, its that simple, i had more than standard problems with dells, and there is nothing more or less to it. I didnt do anything to fry it, if you would have read my post, you would have read that i didnt even open it, it just fried, and even if i did open it, that wouldnt have fried it.

If you dont know anything about computers, please dont talk like you do, "Dells are not meant to be opened" ... yeah. Because opening standard computers fries them right?

Chainer said:
That's actually incorrect. I work for Dell and have been in their Distribution centers and factories. They have an inventory model of control, in that, they actually don't have an inventory! By doing this, it prevents them from losing money. They buy parts from manufacturer's directly from their trucks at their plants during the time of order/build.

Any item/box that remotely comes close to touching the ground is considered refurbished and sold on the outlet.

HP carried on the practices of old Packard Bell with the building of PCs with Refurbished parts, maybe that's who you are referring to. But, either way, be very skeptical about what you read, especially on the internet

You work for dell? Cool.

The customer service is alright, the people are nice and everything, but i have said this before.

Two of my ethernet ports fried on two computers they shipped to me, the first one, was supposed to take 3 days to ship, took 3 weeks, then the ethernet port was fried on it the first time it turned on, and the blue screen of death would come up 3 to 4 times a day, forcing a shutdown, and losing any saved work. Its not the software either, because it was a hardware flaw as coded in the error screen. Then i sent it back, and got another one back in 2 weeks, after it was supposed to be here in 2 days. And THAT ethernet port was fried, this was a 1600 dollar laptop that both ethernet ports were fried, in the end i just returned it, which took a month and half to settle, saying that they "had to inspect it for customer abuse." But i finally got my money back after a month and a half.

Does anyone recall the massive recall they did on the recent laptops because of the batteries?

MASSIVE Recall, Globally, there has not been one company to have a recall that size in the past 7 years.

Back
Top Bottom