About speeds of CPU yea i know its nubish

PsychopathicFre

Solid State Member
Aight i need to get this straight how could i find the actuall speed of my CPU so im not getting ripped off buying a new CPU..Is it in Ghz for internal clocking or is it in Mhz at the External clocking?

Im lookign to get an upgrade from my 2600+ which is fine for me now but i must think of the future..And im sticking with socket A for now

Apreciate the help

Think of your 2600+ as a 2.6 in Pentium 4 talk.

The Pentium 4 3.6 is = to 3600+ ... which doesnn't exist but just say that it's equal.

The 3500+ would equal a 3.5 in Pentium 4.

That's all you need I think..

so basically, my 1.33GHZ Athlon PRO2700+ is equivalent to a 2.7GHZ P4? whoa...oh and...I know 2.7GHZ don't exist, but heck

WEll what im really trying to find is somethign diffent Lol
Thers internal speed liek 2.13 Ghz and external speed like 133 Mhz which one is the real speed to open up programs and like games? Im trying ot figure this out so i know how much more money i hav to make for my upgrades..

CPU-z is the best bet i suppose that will tell you the true current speed of your procesor and if your computer is over 1.8ghz dont moan because there are people including me that are still running 350mhz computers which are well slow, you wouldnt moan now would you?

No its not your reading the wrong thing i have told you your speed in the pm i sent you.

Oooo so it would be 133Mhz x 400 is it? So im running at about 5.32 Ghz..
WTf?
That doesnt seem right
Maybe i multiply it by bus speed?

i think is should be X 200 not 400, If you want to upgrade and if you are a gamer i think like a sempron would be in your best interest

Back
Top Bottom