??? about quibids

Status
Not open for further replies.

wachtn

Baseband Member
QuiBids - Shopping Redefined

I would like to hear your opinions on quibids.

After seeing an add in TF I thought I would check it out. The prices seem too good to be true. Has Anyone here used them? Used them? Tell me what you think and about your experiences with them.

Thank you.

Google it. I did, and there's no way I would mess with it. Of course, I don't mess with eBay if I can help it at all... I despise the whole auction premise.

wachtn the adds are served up via google we have little control over what gets displayed use your own judgement an research about any place you are willing to do business with online.

hmm...wonder what would happen if you threw up a well timed DDOS.....

Them things are stupid. You won't get any deals. People will bid up to the normal sale price just like ebay..

there was another site like this...

I'm pretty sure they are legit because if you think about how much you spend on the "bids" in order to use them they easily get what the product is worth + some more

EXAMPLE:

Right now I'm looking at a 13" macbook pro on the front page.

on Apple's website it's "starting at" $1200.

Each bid cost $0.60 . And each bid increments the price by $0.01 (one cent). Each bid makes the timer go back to 15 seconds (it starts a lot higher..but once it gets down this low it resets with every bid).

At the time of writing this (auction still hasn't ended) the bid is at $23.00. That's a total of 2,300 bids.

So 2300 bids at $0.60 each is $1380. PLUS the $23 the eventual buyer pays so that's $1403 for a $1200 laptop.

So in the end..it's cheaper on the buyer BUT ONLY IF they actually get the item...because it cost you per bid, which means if you lose the item you're down by all the money you spent bidding..and you didn't even get the item.

So yea...they make their money back on the item plus some. The winner gets it cheap...the people who bid and lose come out losing horribly.

Seems like a scam...but it's really not :\

EDIT: it's now at $25.30 and still going. So for every $1.00 the bid goes up that's $60 in their pockets. So they are now making around $1500 for a $1200 laptop lol

I guess so..but I mean it's pointed out and well known that you have to buy your bids and don't receive it back. I guess i'd label it as a "legitimate scam" it's legal by all rights....and if they are dumb enough to bid anyway knowing they probably won't win I guess they deserve it

EDIT: it's got to the point the clock only resets to 10 instead of 15 seconds. The bid is also up to $42.10. That's $2526 made from just the bids alone! then add if what the bid is. So even if the bids just cost $0.29 each they would still make back their money plus a little profit.

Great site idea(my personal opinion) just because people aren't intelligent about how they spend their money. I do think the resetting timer thing is quite ridiculous though because so far this auction has been that way for hours. So basically it just goes until people get tired of wasting money on it or until they all lag out or something :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom