Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane 2.5GHz
-MSI K9A Platinum AM2
-ATi Radeon (Sapphire) X1950XT 256MB
-G.Skill DDR2 800 2x1GB
-Zalman CNPS9500 AM2 edition

This cost me a little over $600 back in spring of 2007.

I was thinking I could get around $300 or maybe $250 out of it. Does this sound unreasonable?

Thanks.

Maybe like $325-350? I'm not the best guy to ask, though. I don't keep up on the prices lke some members do.

That'd be nice! More than I expected. :)

I'm getting a new video card soon, and I'd really like to get a new cpu/mobo/ram with it so I can finally go C2D (even though that's getting outdated now, but I don't care).

Youre system is still good, you dont really need to go core duo unless you want to increase the size of your e-peen with benchmarks.

Just upgrade the gpu and the system will play all games out fine on high settings.

If you need more cpu, get a 5000+ and take it to 3.2GHZ

Well if you're looking to get a new system I don't even know if you should bother. I mean, the x1950 series still pulls good benchmarks. I've got the x1950xtx myself and I can play any game I want. Even the 8800 series isn't a heck of a lot faster and is very expensive. I'll bet you can upgrade to a faster proc and do just fine. Your mobo probably supports a Phenom, why not look into that instead?

the board doesn't support phenom... the only reason why i sold my k9a plat and x2 4000+ combo... loved that thing...

but yeah, if you wanna sell EVERYTHING like a full working tower, you can get 350ish for that setup. Its a good setup that will run nicely on most things.

No, I'm definitely getting a new video card. It artifacts on high resolutions and I like my eye candy in the new games.

I'll probably keep the rest of my setup for a while I guess.

Depends on how well you have preserved it's appearence. I fit is like a brand new one you could sell it for 300$ for sure. Otherwise 200-250$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom