about dual cores...

Kalgatha

Fully Optimized
ok...the AMD dual core thingys...lets say i have a 4800 dual core ... whatever it is...(im not really that rich so i don't really have one. but lets say i do, would the "dual core" run like a dual processor? would it run like 2x2400's or 2x4800's? is it really worth all that money (if i did have that money)

Yes, the 4800+ runs like two 4800+ single core processors minus around 10-20% at most. They are VERY EFFICIENT and hideously powerful. Well worth the money, but for more of a budget friendly processor, the 4400+ is EXACTLY the same, just 200MHz slower, which can be corrected via a simple small overclock.

holy sweetness from the dragon under my pillow!!! (?) lol...i wish i could afford one...i allways just asumed that it was just 2 2400...wow...ill dream about when i was rich...or if i had a good 4-5k$...what i would build....thanx darkblade

well...

Dual core technology will be primarily for commerical use. As in servers and robotics. Such as an car type assembly line. In home use it will not serve any pratical purpose other then to give bragging rights to it's owner. The cost alone of either brand of dual core cpu's will make it impractical for home use.

Back
Top Bottom