Abortion: What Are Your Thoughts?

karling07

Daemon Poster
So its 9:12 in the morning and the sudden thought to spark a political debate on CF came over me. *bashes self on head*

So what is your opinion on abortion? Pro-Life? Pro-Choice? I have always been of the opinion that it should be the person's right to choose. Regardless of the fact that they already HAVE been given the choice (right before having SEX), they should always be given another choice. The baby by this point is nothing more than, well... a tumor. Of course in some cases like rape it should DEFINITELY be the woman's choice, but it more complicated situations such as two teenagers just being stupid and not wearing protection, I still believe they should be given a choice.

I don't understand why it is in America that people feel the need to so constantly butt in on other peoples' business. What difference does it make to someone if another person miles away has an abortion?

My last point would be that I am not a woman so I really shouldn't even be stating my issue on this...

So, debate!

I believe Pro-Choice definitely, who am I to tell them what they can't do? I believe they should be responsible in the first place though, but you know... Learn from your mistakes too...

I'm 100% pro choice. Look until that baby pops out of his mommy to me he doesn't actually count as "human" just "almost human". For example lets say two teenagers screw around and the girl is preg. She is lets say 14. Now she can have this baby have a troubled life because she is trying to finish school, and live a normal life and she has a kid... Makes life complitcated. Its our personnal busiesns and gov has no roll in it.

pro-choice... i mean...who am i to tell a woman that its illegal for her to abort that baby...if its illegal she still might try to have a miscarriage. and for that matter, who are we to ban gay marriages? i think that should also be legal

It's a confusing matter with abortion and gay marriage really. If you look at the basis that this country was founded on, then you probably side with the fact that it should be illegal, but times are changing and you know young people... If young people would stop having unprotected sex so much, and maybe grow up some, then we wouldn't have to worry about abortion really. Young people need to take responsibility for their actions and stop being immature, and yes I know there are cases of rape and what not, but I don't know how I feel about that.

And as far as gay marriage, I don't know either. I don't think you are born that way, it seems like you are influenced growing up. Like I know a guy who eats Supreme Pizzas all the time, and I asked him "Why do you eat these?" he responded "Well my parents always ate them when I was growing up, so now I eat them too, and I am used to it." I think that can be a lot like the choice of Homo-Sexuality. I am saying there might be different aspects of your childhood that make you that way, I don't think you are born that way.

homosexualiy is choice....if you were born that way, then i guess i can say i was born a serial killer...its gotta be choice...but gay people are people too and they should have the rights that heterosexuals have. and another thing....look at all the constitutional amendments...they give us liberties...the only one that took something away was prohibition, and i dont think it worked to well, so it was taken away from the constitution because they finally realized that it wasnt a good idea

EDIT:there can be life style things that affect you to become a serial killer (video games are NOT one of them) so i guess that life style factors can affect you in a way to become gay....like bamafan said with the pizza thing i guess...but i still think its choice

What people need to do is stop debating over abortion rights and start increasing the ways of getting teens to have safe and protected sex. Knowledge is power, don't waste what you can learn in school.

Yeah I believe it is a choice definitely, I disagree with the video games comment. Video games can be an influence just as much as the next thing that would influence someone.

They give us liberties, but you can restrict stuff. The nation was built on the beliefs that Homo-Sexuality was wrong, and whoever is in charge (The President) has a right to change that or not change that. And the President is either going to be who you support or who you don't support, based on who you voted for. I personally don't like alcohol and smoking being legal, just because of family who are alcoholics. And my mom has smoked cigarettes since she was 9. Yes it's your "choice", but who wants to smoke cancer sticks?

alvino said:
What people need to do is stop debating over abortion rights and start increasing the ways of getting teens to have safe and protected sex. Knowledge is power, don't waste what you can learn in school.

omg... well put Alvino... If teens would start to act more responsible and mature about their actions we wouldn't have to debate over it as much. But that is almost impossible so we have to debate over the consequences of a stupid action in most cases.

EDIT:Sorry for 2x post, I was typing my first post, and when I submitted it, I saw Alvino just posted when I came back so I posted again.

it is the people who have unprotected sex's fault for the consequences...that is true alvino...but i am still pro choice

Back
Top Bottom