A8-3850 Llano + Radeon 6670 + Radeon 6770?

buxtahuda

Baseband Member
I've just built a computer for general use, web development, photo-editing, and slight gaming as an afterthought. After reading a decent bit, I've decided I want to use the Radeon 6690D2 by Cross-Firing the smaller GPU to the APU. I know I've read about three-way Cross-Fire before, so I was curious, is it possible to have the computer Cross-Fire the APU and smaller GPU, then Cross-Fire the larger 6770 to that grouping?

I'm a very heavy user/repairer, but I've stopped keeping up with things like graphics configurations for a while and just am not quite sure how Cross-Fire/SLI work or how to put it to maximum use. I know that for pure gaming/performance I should have gone for some i5 / i7 build, but I was looking for something that would be frugal along with performing well. Therefore, please don't post what I should have done but rather an answer or what I could do now with what I have.

I know I could just Cross-Fire the 6670 and 6770 and be done, I'm just trying to squeeze every drop ^.^ And I don't actually have the 6670 yet, and am still within my return period on the 6770. So I could go any way with this. Really (I didn't know about the 6670 limit for Cross-Firing with APU until two seconds ago) I could even go an entirely other build route and return the mobo/APU as well, but I don't think I want to.

I appreciate any answers and discussion in advance

Full build list:

ASRock A75 PRO4 mobo
AMD A8-3850 Llano APU
16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series RAM
HIS H677FN1GD Radeon HD 6770
HIS H667FN1G Radeon HD 6670
5+ TB from two HD's, got to get a SSD for the OS eventually...

it is possible but it's alot of farting about and setting up the profile.. you might even lag worse then you would with just crossfire..

I really don't see the point in using all 3, I know your trying to push it but let me tell you something, you'll be sitting their with crossfire setup.. you'll be playing a game max, now you'll tell yourself after the performance you're seeing that their will be no need to even try it.. you won't have a problem with them on crossfire..

it is possible but it's alot of farting about and setting up the profile.. you might even lag worse then you would with just crossfire..

I really don't see the point in using all 3, I know your trying to push it but let me tell you something, you'll be sitting their with crossfire setup.. you'll be playing a game max, now you'll tell yourself after the performance you're seeing that their will be no need to even try it.. you won't have a problem with them on crossfire..

Thanks for the reply! I hear you, definitely. I'll keep studying up, and I already know there's no real reason, but I think it'll be interesting just to see. I'll be sure to set a stable profile without the APU and run some benchmarks, then again with all three. I just wanted some kind of confirmation that it has a chance of happening, since the APU can only be connected to a 66xx. Again, thanks for the comment.

No worries, I kind of see what you mean, worth a shot, why not?

But me and you both know when it's setup infront of you, you'll be getting shot on MW3 thinking, really, I don't even need this 3x, my crossfire wee's on this shiz !
lol!

goodluck with the setup

No worries, I kind of see what you mean, worth a shot, why not?

But me and you both know when it's setup infront of you, you'll be getting shot on MW3 thinking, really, I don't even need this 3x, my crossfire wee's on this shiz !
lol!

goodluck with the setup

Thanks much ^.^

I think I'll keep the setup I'm at, add another 6770 at which point the APU is only being used for its quad-core, then over time I'll go on and move over to an AMx system and add a third card if I feel the urge. I jumped into the Llano understanding it wasn't top-of-the-line or anything, but didn't realize it would be as limited as it is. This route of course gives me the option of BIOS updates and future FMx chips as well, just to have choices.

I doubt it's impossible, but from reading around it seems too complicated for most to try as Dual Graphics is tricky enough as it is. From what I gather, only certain chipsets will support Hybrid CrossfireX.

APU + Crossfire - Overclockers Forums

Back
Top Bottom