a350n: Upgrade, Or NEED New Comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is building a comp from scratch difficult? I mean buying the parts from like, newegg and then putting them together? I would like to try to.

It's child's play, actually. The hardest part is making sure you have the cables all plugged it.

If you can follow a simple diagram, you can huild a computer.

Ok, what about installing all the drivers, like the USB drivers and graphics and all that? Im not sure if that is hard or what but i wouldnt want to make a crucial mistake

It's not hard. Once you install Windows you just install the drivers off of the CD that came with your motherboard and download and install the drivers for your graphics card.

one more question, if i got a 2.6 ghz dual core processor, dows that make it 5.2 ghz? Ive always been a little confused about the quad core/ dual core thing..please explain? oh yea and is ibuypower.com a good website to build a custom comp? its user friendly so of course im gravitating towards that.

first question:
vista is cheaper for the most part (i believe, i could be wrong thought). also its more about personal preference.

second question:
you can't really add up the cores, its just multiple cores. if the program is designed to utilize (use) multiple cores, then it is kind of like having a 5.2ghz cpu (if you had a 2.6ghz dual core) again, i could be wrong but i believe thats how it works.

and personally, i would stay away from ibuypower only because they have somewhat more expensive prices, and its not hard at all to build your own computer from parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom