A way to find how much power your computer needs?

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
Is there anyway I can tell how much power(watts) my computer needs or is using? Any help would be greatly appreciated

some power supplies have a cable you could plug into your computer some how and it mesures how much power its using, and how much it could be using..... ive only heard about it, yet to see it

Thats kewl.

For my system, I need 295 watts!!! I have a 450 watt power supply, so thats definietly not a problem :p

Yes, but more important than that, is that the PSU outputs stable voltages. I reckon that brand name is more imporant than watts. An OCZ ModStream PSU should be fine for most rigs.

Kage said:
Thats kewl.

For my system, I need 295 watts!!! I have a 450 watt power supply, so thats definietly not a problem :p

Those things aren't as accurate as they could be. But u do get to the right direction when using that kind of calculations, so u are definately safe with ur power supply.

Yeah. I have a really cheap manga PSU, but the fact that I don't overclock, and aren't nearing the limit, should make it okay.

Yeah it says I need like 380 watts or somthing. I think that is a little off. Do you think an ocz modstream 450w would be enough power for me?

Back
Top Bottom