A very serious problem...

tetrahydrex

In Runtime
Hello,

We have a serious problem with not finding a suitable Operating System that is balanced.

Windows is too expensive, the Unixes are too unfriendly and doesn't have many nice features, and I don't see anything else out there...

I've tried Ubuntu, and PC-BSD, but those don't support much.

Are there any good Operating Systems that I can try?

yeah Mac OSX is about all i can think of too apart from what you've already tried. I think you can install it on a PC nowadays.

although i am a windows guy, i have tried Mac and it is a good OS,but everyone has their own taste of OS they use. as long as you know the OS it can be a great experience for you, their are five possible things that can ruin your experience.

1) virus/ trojan
2) spyware/ malware
3) black hat hacker
4) security holes in the OS

and lets not for get the most common cause...the user

No, I forgot to add that, in terms of cost, Macintosh machines are very expensive.

Plus they aren't available here, I got the ISO for Mac OS 9 but I can't seem to access the files in it, so I doubt I can install it.

Or does someone know how?

You could install it on a virtual server- that may suit your needs. Vmware works on both Windows and Linux OS's. I'm getting ready to experiment with MAC OS on a Vmware installation soon. I have a friend that says it works, and he suggested this option to me. I am interrested in MAC OS just to get the experience.

you could try solaris. that's UNIX based but it's made by sun microsystems. It's free and I've heard that it's pretty decent. Never tried it but it's worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom