a suggestion on political stuff for TF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakec

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,

I PMed this to trotter as well But I wanted some other feedback on what you guys thought. Delete this if you think I am overstepping anything

I was browsing in the OT section and was reading a thread entitled called " tech forums 2 advanced". seems to me we have a lot of members wanting to discuss politics, religion and gender issues. Having said this I want to make MY stance perfectly clear. I agree ENTIRLY that TF should not be used for expression of Political, regions or Gender viewpoints

this got me thinking, what about putting a few links to assorted political forums at the top of the OT forum, that way people who want to discuss such topics can be referred to those forums and not break the rules of the forum and it will make your jobs as mods allot easier without having to contend with this issue every week

plus it will stop allot of members whining because now you will have given them an alternative.

Just a thought,

Jake

The Forum Leaders have been discussing this since Trotter brought it to our attention from your PM. Thanks for the suggestion.

First from a business outlook, it doesn't make good business sense to post links to other forums without some kind of reciprocation (paid links or exchange links). Secondly, Google is readliy available to anyone to find those forums that want to discusss the off topics not allowed here. Thirdly, if you look in some sigs, there are also links to other forums (which is okay) and some of those forums allow anything and everything (from profanity to adult stuff to whatever).

Another uncertainty with adding links is the choice of links that we would add. Yes, we may all have our favorites of where to go to discuss things not allowed here. So how do we decide which ones are added? Right now the way to decide that is not to do it.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom