a stupid question ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmg4lktan

Baseband Member
is all PS 2 games packed in DVD-ROM or is there any PS 2 game in CD-ROM?:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance! ;)

Best regards from,
pmg4ktan

I dont think that all PS2 games are on DVD! im sure that there are some on normal cd.

But youll find that all the any good games are on DVD and proberly all the newer releases will be on DVD.

Cheers

Wise man once say, it is not the capacity of the media but how effectively it is used that is important in contructing solid entertainment. Contrary to the previous post, there are a bunch of great games on cd, such as GTA3, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Devil May Cry, No One Lives Forever, and Gran Turismo 3 Concept.

Hmmm I thought all ps2 games were on dvd. Or maybe they are on special cd's like the dreamcast's GD [game-disk] but they called it dvd to sound good who knows.

Millward said:
Hmmm I thought all ps2 games were on dvd. Or maybe they are on special cd's like the dreamcast's GD [game-disk] but they called it dvd to sound good who knows.

Not all PS2 games are DVD based, surprisingly, some games can be crunched in at less than 500 MB to be stored on a PSX-format CD-ROM. Oh yeah, and PS2's use the DVD-5 format (allows 4.7 GB of storage), and Xbox uses DVD-9 (roughly twice the amount of a DVD-5).

Cool, how can you tell whether a ps2 game's on a dvd or a cd? I presume then, according to what you just said, that ps2 demo-disks will probably be on a CD as I can't see them taking up more than 500mb, of course it would depend on the selection of demos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom