A strange mishap..

MikeReiner

Golden Master
Ok, so I was playing halo on legendary (Fun as hell if you try to stealth on btw) and at the first bridge on assault on the control room, my PC seemingly shut off.. however, I could still hear my fans and my keyboard lights were on, but the monitor shut off (signal loss)
So i shut off my PC, turn it back on, nothing happens. So I open the case and check everything, and the first thing I notice out of place is the 20+24 pin connector (the extra 4 pin connector to be more precise) was completely unplugged.. so I plug it in, and it fires right up, no problems now..

It appeared that the horrible wiring on my part caused some tension on that connector, which it finally gave way under all that... so I finally got off my butt and rewired it.

Any of you guys ever have that? I never really thought some tension on a wire would eventually cause a problem..

It's possible. Usually a small part of the plug acts as a clip, but it's not that strong...it can only hold so much tension before releasing.

alvino said:
It's possible. Usually a small part of the plug acts as a clip, but it's not that strong...it can only hold so much tension before releasing.
Yeah, it was probably just sitting there barely making contact for a while. It clips in fairly well.

Back
Top Bottom