A small graphics problem.

Charoisaur

Beta member
I recently installed a new 1TB SATA hard drive.
I've being going through the usual process (spamming Windows updates) and was downloading some games.
I attempted to play a game called ROBLOX and it came up with a message saying something about my graphics card. I naturally thought that this due to a lack of DirectX and when I went onto a special part of the website that told me about the graphics drivers. I went onto the DirectX link and found that it didn't exist. However, when I was looking at the 'Try this' icon, to my horror I found out that the hyperlink to 'Thank you for installing DirectX' was purple, indicating that I already visited it. I instinctively looked down, and saw a DirectX page open. It said that I had just installed DirectX.

I attempted to install DirectX again, only to find that it has detected an equal or better version of DirectX on this computer. I attempted to play SimCity, only for it to come up with a similar error message to the one when I attempted to play ROBLOX. And, the last point I can't stress enough, they worked on my old hard drive.

I really want some help, as these are two of my favourite games and I can't wait to play them on a 1TB hard drive. The uploaded file are screenshots for the ROBLOX error, the conformation of the DirectX download, the SimCity error and what it said on the ROBLOX website.

I put this under software because I suspect that it is down to a DirectX fail or a driver not installing. Some advice onto how to fix it would be appreciated.

Unfortunately I forgot to upload the file, here it is.

Attachments

• Wierd happenings.jpg
    Wierd happenings.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'm not massively good with all this but the last time my graphics card failed on my laptop steam got it going again, so if you go on steam and click steam -> check for video driver updates, if you need any steam usually downloads it and installs it for you (if i remember correctly) it might do something for you, if not sorry for wasting your time.

I have had a similar problem with a game.
Try downloading the latest frameworks software from Microsofts homepage

it seems you just have to update your graphics drivers. first i would uninstall directx and then update you graphics drivers then install directx.

Im assuming you've just done a fresh install on the new driver.

and then install the latest frameworks as BikerEcho advised, as iv had that issue to, but i think it was different error mesages

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom