A slew of MATH PROBLEMS; All for you guys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

septoid2

Daemon Poster
Alright guys, only respond if you know what you are doing. The answers to these problems determines 10% of my grade in math :p

Any help would be appreciated greatly :)

If f(x)=x^2

a) Sketch y=2f(1/2x)+1

b) State domain and range of the transformed graph.

For the following function y=-2cos(x-pi/2)-2

a) Sketch one complete cycle labelling all 5 major points (Make tables of values).

b) State domain and range of the cycle.

In the following geometric series..

1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + ..... 1/1024

a) Find a, r, n and tn

b) Find Sn

In the following arithmetic sequence

5/2 + 4 + 11/2 + .... 100

a) Find a, d, n and tn
b)Find Sn

Maria recieved an insurance settlement of $80,000 which she invested at 5.2% per annum, compounded monthly, to provide a payment each monthfor 10 years, starting next month.

a) How much will each payment be?
b)How much will Maria's insurance give her all together?

Thaaanks guys.

Out of 100 random questions on a culminating, those are the only ones I couldn't get, or didn't have time to. Argh.

I decided to choose the easiest ones. At least for me. Sorry, I can't help you on the others. If you want me to show the work for this, just tell me, but for now I'll just tell you what I got.
In the following geometric series..

1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + ..... 1/1024

a) Find a, r, n and tn

b) Find Sn
In the following arithmetic sequence

5/2 + 4 + 11/2 + .... 100

a) Find a, d, n and tn
b)Find Sn

I couldn't tell what you needed for a, n, or tn. I assume the a was just the first term of the series? and n or tn would be the term number for the last number of the series. And that Sn was the sum of the numbers.

Geometric series:
a=1/2
r: 1/2
n or tn=8
Sn=255/256

Arithmetic series:
a=5/2
d= 3/2
n or tn= 66
Sn= 6765/2 or 3382.5

AnthraX said:
I decided to choose the easiest ones. At least for me. Sorry, I can't help you on the others. If you want me to show the work for this, just tell me, but for now I'll just tell you what I got.

I couldn't tell what you needed for a, n, or tn. I assume the a was just the first term of the series? and n or tn would be the term number for the last number of the series. And that Sn was the sum of the numbers.

Geometric series:
a=1/2
r: 1/2
n or tn=8
Sn=255/256

Arithmetic series:
a=5/2
d= 3/2
n or tn= 66
Sn= 6765/2 or 3382.5

Great I got the same results !! :)

cosfunc0fw.jpg

Heres your cosine equation graphed using the PowerToy Calculator.
Don't exactly know what the "5 major points" are.

Go here if you want it: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

This stuff you have is weird. I just took a final over this today and yesterday, and we learned all this kind of stuff this year. However, this looks the same, but different. It's weird. I don't really know how to explain it. What math class is this for? I just finished my year of pre-calculus.

septoid2 said:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If f(x)=x^2

a) Sketch y=2f(1/2x)+1

b) State domain and range of the transformed graph

where it says f(1/2x)

is that 0.5x ? or 1/(2x) ?

its not very clear.. and it makes a huge difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom