a question about a vga port

peteyboy22

Baseband Member
hello, i have a laptop with a vga port on the side.. is there some program that can view whats comming in through that port?? or is it strictly outport only??

like i have a ps2 and an "Audio/Video input -- VGA output" cord..

is there a way to view whats comming in from that port?? otherwise i won't bother with pcsx2.. it's to slow to play games right now..

so i wast thinking about mounting the newer small ps2 on the back lid of my laptop.. just for fun.. i don't usually take my laptop to many places so.. portability isn't really a problem..

hello, i have a laptop with a vga port on the side.. is there some program that can view whats comming in through that port?? or is it strictly outport only??

like i have a ps2 and an "Audio/Video input -- VGA output" cord..

is there a way to view whats comming in from that port?? otherwise i won't bother with pcsx2.. it's to slow to play games right now..

so i wast thinking about mounting the newer small ps2 on the back lid of my laptop.. just for fun.. i don't usually take my laptop to many places so.. portability isn't really a problem..

unless it's a very high line laptop, it's probably output only. I've yet to see ANY laptop with a line in, so you're sorta outa luck on that one. Also, as for pcsx2, it's not THAT slow, but you need a pretty good computer to use it. I would highly suggest that you head on over to www.epforums.org to ask questions relating to emulators, I'm also a member there, and I'm sure somebody could help you. But yeah, I doubt you can use the port as an input. If you do want an input however, I would suggest getting a capture card (be sure it has a very low latency though) or the gamebridge adapter.

thanks.. well my laptop was a cheapy so.. pcsx2 slow for me.. i'll just wait till it gets a little bit better before i use it..

do you think there's a way through usb??

i'm just curious.. if there isn't a way, that's fine.. i just thought it'd be cool to show off to everybody that i got my ps2 to run through a computer monitor...

and maybe like mount the ps2 inside a computer tower... use it like a dvd drive for games....... i like to imagine =]

thanks.. well my laptop was a cheapy so.. pcsx2 slow for me.. i'll just wait till it gets a little bit better before i use it..

do you think there's a way through usb??

i'm just curious.. if there isn't a way, that's fine.. i just thought it'd be cool to show off to everybody that i got my ps2 to run through a computer monitor...

and maybe like mount the ps2 inside a computer tower... use it like a dvd drive for games....... i like to imagine =]

USB, yes. That's what the gamebridge does. And it's not anything special to play a ps2 or any other console through a monitor. Alot of monitors have AV inputs, and if they don't, there are AV to VGA/DVI convertors available for around $50.

And it wouldn't be impossible to mount it inside of a tower. I've seen several PS1's and PSX's mounted in computer cases, I see no reason a PS2 wouldn't work. I would use the fat one though. Just take the casing off, and mount the DVD drive. Then run the on off and reset buttons to the front of the case, right next to the computer ones. It has the potential to be very cool :D

yeah but how many are run through a laptop monitor??

and i know it's not impossible, mounting a ps2 inside a tower.. i've just never seen one and was thinking about doing one myself, tho i probably won't.. as clumsy as i am, there's a high chance i'd completely screw everything up..

and a quick question, what's the difference between ps1 and psx.. i thought they were the same..

yeah but how many are run through a laptop monitor??

and i know it's not impossible, mounting a ps2 inside a tower.. i've just never seen one and was thinking about doing one myself, tho i probably won't.. as clumsy as i am, there's a high chance i'd completely screw everything up..

and a quick question, what's the difference between ps1 and psx.. i thought they were the same..

Well, to everyone outside of emulation, it is. The PS1 is the hardware revision, smaller, lighter, etc. The PSX is the original, the big grey box. Pretty much the same, although they use a slightly different bios.

like they just optimized it?

like what they did with the ps2 the small one and the fat one..

i just googled it and i didn't even know they had one before ps1.. the one with no joysticks.. weird looking controller..

like they just optimized it?

like what they did with the ps2 the small one and the fat one..

i just googled it and i didn't even know they had one before ps1.. the one with no joysticks.. weird looking controller..

Haha, the joysticks had nothing to do with the console. It was just that when the PSX was out, the analogue sticks were pretty new. But yeah, just like what they did with the ps2. They were both excellent little systems, although the PSX tended to last a bit longer.

may it's just cuz i'm not used to seeing a controler with no analogue sticks... almost every thing has them dreamcast, playstation's, xbox's... GC and the wii...

and i'm still confused why the dreamcast was a failed system... i've googled it a million times.. and i've read a whole bunch of different reasons.. but i have a dreamcast and i don't agree with any of them.. and like all the arcade games you seen are actually the more powerful dreamcast... i forgot what it's called... naiomi or somthing.. dreamcast was an awesome system...

may it's just cuz i'm not used to seeing a controler with no analogue sticks... almost every thing has them dreamcast, playstation's, xbox's... GC and the wii...

and i'm still confused why the dreamcast was a failed system... i've googled it a million times.. and i've read a whole bunch of different reasons.. but i have a dreamcast and i don't agree with any of them.. and like all the arcade games you seen are actually the more powerful dreamcast... i forgot what it's called... naiomi or somthing.. dreamcast was an awesome system...

There are several reasons it died.

1.) it had no DVD support, the PS2 did. HUGE selling point
2.) It was released at a bad time, the timing of the ps2 just crushed it
3.) It was very poorly marketed, alot of people didn't even know about it

There's a documentary about it somewhere, it was on that gaming channel or whatever. It was actually half decent. But I strongly suggest you join www.epforums.org seeing as you seem to be interested in this sorta stuff ;)

Back
Top Bottom