A problem that needs fixing

yall

Beta member
Ok, here is the problem for all the computer guru's out there. I have an HP DV1000 notbeook and it is giving me the fits.

Here's the deal. I formatted the hardrive to clean it up. It was slowing down a little bit and I thought it was a pain to deal with and I actually like formatting my hardrive, it cleans things up. It was not 100% when I started, but I am wondering if I did any good or ruined it even more.

Anyway, I formatted the computer and everything went fine. I didn't get any errors or anything like that. But now the computer freezes all the time! For no apparent reason, it just freezes up completely. It is so frustrating. I am on the internet and my wireless card turns off for no reason at all. I have to manually turn it back on and I have to connect all over again. What a pain in the pituty.

So I thought that I would re-format it thinking something went wrong with installation. Well, it is acting the same with no apparent gain with the second format. It is so frustrating. I got some adware and another cleanup utility and they didn't find anything.

Is there anyone out there that can dig me out of the hole I am!

Thanks in advance

CER

Well i think that your computer is frezzing maybe because of the drivers thats about it...happened to me befor.
And the router have a look to see if the router is running of windows or the program that came with it (if one did).
And also what brand router is?Did you have any problems with it befor you reformatted it?

I did not have a problem with freezing or the internet. It was jus slowing way down and it was annoying, so I formatted it. Everything went smoothly in the format, but nw it freezes for no reason at all.

I have no clue what router I have. I don't think I know what you mean by that question.

Thanks for the help.

CER

sounds like driver issues to me, u did install all the most up to date drivers after the format right?

Someone just told me to do that, and I just completed that. We shall see if it starts acting up here in the next hour or so. Thanks for the help and I will post the news.

CER

Back
Top Bottom