A+ Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADZ

Fully Optimized
So I was reading that you can take your A+ online, has anyone done that, and if so, how successfull, were you, and was the information provided helpfull?

I think I am going to say to heck with it and go cert collecting.

well the only thing i can contribute is give you more questions to think about :)

i would wonder if the online certificates would be looked at from employees as acceptable compared to ones that you have to go to a test center to take, not to mention pay a buttload of money to take them.

and do you really need the certification? they are expensive and does the employer really care if you have this certification?

i've taken the A+ hardware class at my college and the big book we studied from game us only theory, and the instructor being an electrician went into in-deptch lectures about how cd-roms work, and tried to explain electronic scematics for a switching power supply..... the instructor even let me teach the class a few days on subjects he didn't know much about :eek:

what i'm getting at is the test is based on theory and has little or no practical application other than, if by chance someone asks you, where can i set up the sectors per track and landing zone parameters of my hard disk? or gee, what pin grid array type was the pentium pro..... see what i'm saying. useless for the most part, but some of the info is good

working with computer hardware and helping people out with their hardware problems or even asking and learning on forums like this would help you out more than those tests.

yeah...and I do agree, but "A regular helper and member @ techist.com couldnt be put in a resume?"

or could it? i dont mean to strike up an argument with ya...but i was wondering if anyone had taken an online course...

would an online A+ be considered any less than a normal A+?

I'm taking my A+ at British Columbia's Institute of Technology, you've probably heard of the school ADZ. I live in White Rock, we're practicaly neighbors.

I'm sure employers would prefer that you went to a school as opposed to learning the material on your own.

A+ comptia!

For what I know, you can't take it online, there is a bunch of practice tests online but the real one as to be taken in a sylvain prometric center or other similar places.

If it would exist, I would say that it would the same test therefore giving you the same credit on your resume, and employer won't see on your resume if you passed it online or with a 100% grade or less. So don't worry about that.

Now for those who says that it's worth crap, well it's a peace of paper and tells your employer that your can learn indept theories and is worth a lot in many IT entreprise. A bachelor is also mostly theory and nobody talks about it?!? why? I have done the A+ Net+ i-Net+ MCSE MCT MOUS CIW and mous and when I show it to an employer, they are impress and know that I can learn anything. (exept spelling hehe) I heaven had small interviews where they skipped the technical part because I probably knew more then they did.

Good luck! Hope that helps

I start classes for my MCSE and MCSA january of next year. I'm working on my A+ now, I just need to take the test. Although they're not hard tests and other computer people won't see it as a big deal whether you get it or not, it still looks good to have as many certifications on your Resume as possible.

And if you love computers, why wouldn't you want to get the certifications? It gives you a pretty slip of paper to frame and slap onto your wall :)

the courses arent where you get the certificate with the A+, heck its not like that with most computer certs, most of them you go take a test for, (most tests are multiple-choice, not short answer or essay, as that is too hard to be exact with) so, if youre good enough with the law of averages you can go take any certification you want, just be prepared to pay about $200 for any cert test, pass or fail, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom