a Note

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT

Daemon Poster
This is a note to new comers. If you post something non specific then your answers wont be to helpful and also non-specific. Please adress the problem in a fashion where you tell the problem sort of in a story and exactly what happens. Also the specs would be great for us(members/mods) to use as a tool to see in compatablity issues.
As you probably know not every problem can be solved online and might require a offline techy. As online techs can only guess because they do not have access to your computer your screen or your files. Answers online are sheerly based on guess's and grooling trouble shooting:eek: . And sometimes that trouble shooting doesn't work. Please dont get mad at the techs that try to help you and cant. There just doing the best they can to help you as thats what we do best believe it or not:eek: :D . Just seen a lot of this arround lately and should let new guys know whats going on.

yeah every time i try to help someone its mostly guessing since the person asking for help gives little for me to go on other than somthing is wrong with their computer. good advide XT. maybe you could give a specific format for what info they should include. example, operating system needs to always be included.

Good Ideas Guys,

Lets see if we can setup some sort of basic standardization. This will definitely simplify all of our efforts at providing appropriate and good quality answers to any issues brought forth.

Hardware issues should have Make/Model of the spefic item.

Maybe even a list of the complete system specs. Maybe we can add a new instance/section to our TF Profiles that houses this data... maybe put an icon near our TF User names to display any specific HW or SW data that you can provide.

Right now, many of the members have something similar as their signature, that is good except it adds allot of extra data to the screen (Plus it gets duplicated everytime that member makes a post, i'm sure it will alleviate storage needs by housing that data centrally and avoiding unnecessary duplication.

Lets have some suggestions as to what kind of basic information we might need to help improve the toubleshooting process and find a solution in a timely manner.

Any other suggestions??

Other suggestions: A thread telling how the user gets the needed information off his computer.

How do I know what my RAM is?
How do I know what drivers I have for this card?
Etc.

Dave :D

Good Idea Dmo224 (Dave)

What else should be known??? Anyone?

PS.. Dmo224, anything seem familiar???? (look at signature)

Thanks for the idea!!!

HoLoCroN said:
PS.. Dmo224, anything seem familiar???? (look at signature)

Thanks for the idea!!!
Your welcome! I wish more would see them and read them and this is a way to get those publicized! Thanks for using it.

Dave :D

you mean saying.....

i have a computer program and it doesnt work isnt enough info? :)

Whats wrong with you guys, shouldnt you b able to read minds?

An other thing to remember is if you post in all caps because you think ur problem is huge. We are inclined not to help you, it is very hard on the eyes and well frusterating to us(techs). Also if you can seperate your questions into paragraphs it would be a lot easier than reading one huge thing which i never read if they are like that. (just try and keep in lower case please for the eyes lol thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom